A Child's Scream

{Song Above: You Are My Sunshine}
{The Phantom Ver.}

The child slowly walked the halls of the abandoned base. Their once only home. Their place they would rust.

The child shook as they continued to walk. The halls were dark and hard to see in. The child coughed every now and then from the built up dust in the air. It was thick dust that might be mistaken for a heavy fog.

The child looked around the corner. They narrowed their eyes to see better. All they could see was dust.

But they knew someone else was there.

The child saw a large mech walk slowly with a heavy limp. The child thought he was injured so followed him to try and help. When the child had found the dust, the mech was gone.

The child had been roaming the base for a few days now. The child knew they had been in stasis for at least many years. They groan to prove it. How they were alive was a mystery to them.

The child didn't hear anything, so ventured forth. They listened closely for the mech or any other survivor. They couldn't be alone, right?

They coughed again from the dust.

This might all just be a dream. Maybe he's still is Stasis. Or maybe this is just a long dream. Maybe a coma. Or... dead.

The child shuddered at the thought of their own corps in front of them, lifeless. Dead.

The child held themselves in freight. They were just scaring themselves, weren't they?

The child stopped in their tracks. They heard something. They listened closer.

It sounded like slow, heavy, uneven steps. The sound the mech's ped steps had sounded like!

The child quickened their pace to where they heard the steps. It sounded like the mech was just wondering around; just like the child was.

The child looked around the corner, being careful about being seen.

The child saw a large, bulked mech. He had brightly stained energon on his armor.

That wasn't there before... The child thought, thinking back to when he first saw him.

The large mech dropped something large, making the child flinch.

Energon stained the floor, making a small puddle under the Cybertronian.

As the child looked at the mech closer, the more they became hesitant.

The mech had a bit of his neck missing as if it were bitten. His hip was in a crooked angle. His ped he avoided to put pressure on was twisted.

What had even happened to the poor mech? How is he even alive?

The child watched the mech more, thinking if they should show themselves. They wanted to be sure.

The mech seemed to making a low growl-like noise with a bit of a hiss. It sounded like he was trying to say something. The child tried to listen to what he was trying to say.

"En.....on...." the mech hissed.

The child leaned closer, showing themselves a bit more.

"Ener....." the mech growled and hissed, shaking his head.

The child was confused, making them lean closer.

"Ener..... Energ.... ENERGON!" The mech suddenly shrieked, making the child gasp in surprises and fall back.