dieciséis

sound track

1. wake up by Eden

Emme Wilson

Sweat. Water. Heat. That's all prison was of really. Also some yelling. I was sent to the local prison by the outskirts of Tulsa. It's funny. The jail I was sent to was the same one as Dal's. He's currently here with me. I've been here for currently 107 days. Two more months to go. Everyone has been extremely supportive. Soda finally came to his senses and accepted my actions. My dad has really only visited me once or twice. I really miss him. Every time he comes to see me, he ends up leaving twenty minutes in. I don't know why.

Pone was visiting me today and he brought some playing cards.

I hugged him and I tried to lean in to kiss him but he leaned back. I looked at him. "Pone whats wrong?"

"Nothing Em, sorry."

"Ponyboy you know you can tell me anything." I said to him holding his hands. He looked down and loosened his grip on me.

"Pony... what happened." I completely let go of his hands. "Is there someone else?" I could feel the water works start to pour down. I stopped them because I knew that if I started to cry I'd get it once my visit is over. "No, never. I just can't handle not being able to show my affection to you. I've been getting picked on ever since you left."

My demeanor changed, "Pony I'm so sorry." I held his hands and he squeezed mine. "But Em, that's why I'm here, I've come to talk about ending this..." He said trailing his words on over the course of a couple seconds. I looked him in the eyes. I knew this was gonna happen, but seriously. I mean I understand that he is getting hurt but I guess if he truly loved me he would've sucked it up and defended himself and me.

He quickly got up and walked out the front doors.

"Wilson! Back to your cell!"

-

I sat down on my bed, lucky me I don't share a room. I contemplated my life. All the decisions I made that led me up to here. Dan wouldn't be proud of me now, would he? I held my hands in my head and let the tears pour. I was by myself it didn't matter now. I heard a loud clank on the door.

"Wilson you got another visit!" I sniffled, "What?"

I walked up and headed back into the main room. Dally

"Hey Dal! Your out?" "Yeah I just got out today!"

I smiled and we gave each other a quick embrace. I think he could tell by the look on my face that something was wrong. "What's wrong doll?"

"Well , just before you Pony visited me. He finally ended it. He couldn't take the heat. I totally understand why but I just wished he didn't do it. I miss him Dal, I miss all of you guys. I just want it to be back to normal." I said sniffling.

"Aw babycakes I'm sorry." He grabbed my hands and gave them a tight squeeze. It felt good to feel the heat between our hands.