veinticuatro

Soundtrack

1. Those Nights by Bastille

Emme Wilson

We left the store and I had a huge grin on my face. I absolutely loved the dress. I wanted to get home and try it on again one more time. I thanked Gabe's mother and ran up the porch steps.

I walked through the front door and said hello to my dad. He waved at me and yelled, "Nice Dress!" I ran straight into my room and tried on the dress.

Perfect, that's all I could think. Pony really liked it too.

Wait, why do I care about what Pony thinks, he's the one who broke my fragile heart. I take off the dress and slide into some sweats and a bag shirt. I pondered real quick about Pony, I should really stop thinking about him. I don't think he really likes me anymore. He's never showed any affection to me after the incident. Well he did say he loved my dress... No I can't think about him, I gotta move on, move onto something better.

-

It was almost midnight when I heard a knock on my window, I looked over and saw Dal.

He was wearing his general look but this time something was different. His hair was slicked back, belt buckled, shirt tucked. He looked pretty snazzy.

" Dally", I say giggling, "you really gotta stop sneaking in here like this."

"I know doll, but your old man basically hates me."

I let him in and he tells me to close my eyes.

"Alright they are closed, what's up."

It was silent and all I could hear was his breathing. He let out a gasp of air and then inhaled. Who knew Dal was a softy. I was about to open my eyes until I was interrupted. I feel a pair of soft but rough lips against mine. I open my eyes and see Dally Winston kissing me.

Dally...

We pull apart and he turns around to have a little teddy bear with a rose that says the words...

P R O M ?

I felt over rushed, first the kiss and now this oh my. Too many thoughts were flowing through me at an emotional time.

I smiled and just kept smiling, "Em?" Dal asks me.

"Oh? Sorry yes Dally of course, I'd love to go to prom with you!" I Say smiling and hugging him once more.

Ponyboy Curtis

I look over at Emme. She was reading a book and just lying in bed. I wanted to go talk to her about today. I wanted to ask her to prom. I wanted to hold her and kiss her everywhere.

My thoughts were interrupted as I heard a knock. Dally was climbing up her window. he was carrying something but I couldn't see, it was pitch black outside. She let him in and it was seconds after that I saw him kiss her. He kissed my girl. Wait she isn't my girl anymore what am I doing. He pulled out a teddy bear, I didnt know what was happening. She seemed stressed out and worried, but I couldn't hear anything. I saw her smile and hug him one more time. I look behind me and kicked the sign, the bucket of roses, and giant teddy bear I got for her.