trienta y tres

Soundtrack

1. Falling in love by Dennis Kruissen

2. Chances by the Strokes

Emme Wilson

We left the diner with smiles on our faces and full stomachs. I brought my leftovers home, I could eat it for breakfast the next day. We were enjoying the fresh Tulsa air and breeze. It really was a beautiful day today. I exhaled out and inhaled quickly. I could feel Pony's hand briefly touching mine. I looked down and let out a sigh of relief.

"Are you okay?" Pony asked as he grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

He has been so sweet to me lately, he's been supportive and there for me.

"Yeah, I'm okay, thanks Pone." I gave his hand a quick squeeze and let go of it gently.

As we were wandering back home we noticed a flyer on the post. It was covered with all these cool symbols and pretty blue streaks.

"Carnival in town! Come visit!"

I ripped off the flyer from the post and showed it to them.

"Dude lets go! I've never been to a carnival." I shrieked with excitement. "They are gonna be in town this week and we can go tomorrow night!" Johnny took the flyer from me and read it over silently.

"You have to be 18 to get in Em, and last time I checked we are all 17." Johnny said handing the flyer back to me.

"uGh, why do you have to be such a party pooper Johnny, loosen up! Let's just sneak in!" I exclaimed. I tossed the flyer on the group and stomped away.

"I have a better idea. I think I can get us in."

~

It was Saturday afternoon. Gabe said that he could sneak us in but if it doesn't work out I have a plan B. The carnival was gonna take place at the drive-in so we can always sneak in underneath the gate like we always do.

There was going to be fireworks, a Ferris wheel, merry-go-round, and other rides. I haven't lived outside of Tulsa so this was really my one opportunity to enjoy something fun besides drive-ins and diners.

I also wanted to look cute in all the carnival lights so I picked my outfit hours beforehand. I picked out some jeans with rips only at the knees. I was browsing for shirts until Darry came in with Pony.

"Hey Em! Whatcha doing?" Pony seemed concerned and was giving me a disapproving look.

"Picking an outfit for tonight. Why?" I asked.

"Oh well, Pony told me that you guys are going to go walk around downtown tonight? Is that true? I don't want you guys to go to that festival with drunks everywhere."

I gave a concerning look and quickly turned it into reassurance, "No we aren't going to that Darry, its lame." I could feel a bead of sweat start to grow on my forehead.

"Okay, just checking," Darry said as he walked out and left Pony and I alone.

I looked at Pony and he let out a sigh, "Darry isn't usually like this, I don't know what got into him but we have to keep tonight on the down-low." He said, letting out a sigh.

"That's fine with me but first help me find a top!" I shrieked and grabbed his arm.

I moved my stuff around and let him pick from my options.

"I don't even need to look at all this, that one shirt you have that is tie-dye and blue, its cute on you." He smiled and walked away.

~