Chapter 57: The ultimate battle! (Part 2, special chapter)

Mercury:"Come on Jiren. Let's see the power the gods are afraid of"

As Mercury powers up, Jiren seems to somewhat interested in Mercury's new found power.

Mercury:"Tch...If you won't to me then I will!"

Mercury rushes at Jiren at incredible speeds with Jiren blocking the attack still. Mercury throws multiple punches to him but each one was blocked easily. Mercury grows restless and kicked Jiren with both his legs, he used this as a footing to jump away from Jiren to a nearby rock. Before Mercury could land on the rock, Jiren was heading right for him.

Mercury:"Perfect..."

Jiren punches Mercury back to the arena while following him. Mercury recovers as Jiren heads straight for him again.

Mercury:"Come on! Give me a real challenge!"

Jiren and Mercury clashed fist with each other and caused a massive shockwave of power to come from it. Jiren's eyes flared red as Mercury received punches from him at speeds that weren't ever seen before. Mercury crashed through the rock nearby with the piles of rubble landing on him.

Jiren:"Holding onto something let that will only hold you back. Everything you care for is easily destroyed. Let me show you what I mean"

Jiren forms a Ki blast in his hand as he points it in someone's direction. Mercury gets up from the rubble to see where and saw Caulifla was the target. She wasn't able to do anything as she was busy fighting others from different universes.

Mercury:"Don't you dare do anything to her. I'll make you regret it Jiren!"

Jiren:"It is your own fault, for believing in such a weak power. Strength is all you need and the only thing to prove"

Jiren fires the blast at Caulifla but Mercury was just fast enough to knock it away. Caulifla looks behind to see Mercury just saving her life.

Mercury:"That's it! Now you really pissed me off!"

Mercury unleashed his Ki.

Mercury:"You wanted to hurt her for what? To prove a point?! She's not part of this fight! It's me and you only!"

Mercury rushes in at Jiren but his eyes flared red again. Mercury takes the punches and lands a heavy blow on Jiren's gut. Jiren was surprised Mercury could take all those hits but hit back just as hard.

Mercury:"Now you've really done it Jiren"

Mercury and Jiren begin fighting again along with everyone watching them as they destroyed everything around them. Each of them traded equal blows to each other as they continue the fight. As the battle kept going, Mercury's energy was deleting fast as he was using it recklessly.

Mercury:"It's over for you Jiren!"

Jiren jumps away from Mercury and formed a Ki blast in his hand.

Jiren:"But it won't be from you. Sleep warrior"

Jiren fires the blast with Mercury standing his ground.

Mercury:"Using final attacks now? Then here's mine! Final Kamehameha!"

The two blast clashed with each other and caused everyone to be pushed away from this. Jiren's eyes flared red once again and made his blast stronger. Mercury was beginning to lose and saw everyone looking at him.

Mercury:"No...I can't lose! Not with my friends on the line!"

Mercury began to use all of his Ki without holding anything back. The clash was still in Mercury's side and he knew he had one option left.

Mercury:"It doesn't matter if I lose now. As long as I take you out of the arena then it won't matter! Kaioken!"

The clash soon came down to the middle with both warriors giving it their all. Mercury knew there was a big risk but he had to push himself further if he wanted to take Jiren out.

Mercury:"It's time I pushed the kaioken to the max! Kaioken times 20!"

Mercury's blast headed straight for Jiren was his blast was beginning to come back towards him. Jiren takes the blast head on while Mercury drops to the floor. Jiren wasn't to be seen but it didn't matter as he wasn't at the stands with the gods and angels.