Chapter 92: Glaze of Respect

In the late morning of planet Sadala.

Mercury:"Alright, I think I'm ready now"

Mercury takes off the wrapping around his body off and stretching his arms.

Cabba:"I see you've healed up"

Cabba enters the room while Mercury puts on a new pair of Gi.

Mercury:"Yeah and in perfect timing. Goku should be here soon"

Cabba:"That reminds me. What technique are you trying to learn from him?"

Mercury:"I shouldn't say or besides, it would ruin the fun once I tell you"

Cabba:"How could you think of 'fun' when we are facing against the odds of beating the angels"

Mercury:"Angels...Wait a second"

Cabba:"What is it?"

Mercury:"I don't know but haven't you notice that Zeno hasn't done anything to stop this"

Cabba:"...It does raise suspicion"

Mercury:"Neither has the Grand Priest. This doesn't seem right"

Whis:"Mercury! We're here!"

Mercury:"Whis!"

Mercury runs out house to see Whis and Goku.

Goku:"Mercury! I'm glad you were able to defeat Campari even without us"

Mercury:"If it wasn't for you and Jiren then I wouldn't be here"

Whis:"Now, Now. We have more important matters"

Goku:"Oh, that's right! What did you wanted to learn Mercury?"

Mercury:"Well first, follow me. We need to find some empty land first"

Goku:"Right!"

Mercury:"Cya, Whis!"

Mercury and Goku fly into the air and begun to find some training grounds.

An hour later.

Mercury:"This spot seems good enough"

Goku:"Yeah, let's train here"

Mercury and Goku land in the ground and check the their surroundings.

Goku:"Yep! This spot should work"

Mercury:"Ok then. Let's begin my training then"

Goku:"So, What was the technique you wanted to learn anyways?"

Mercury:"Well...I don't really know the name and I only seen it once. It was when you used it against Jiren, back on the Tournament of Power"

Goku:"Hmmm....Oh! You want to learn that move huh? Well I can teach you it"

Mercury:"Really?!"

Goku:"It's gonna take some time since it requires a lot of concentration"

Mercury:"I'm ready for anything. If it help in our final battle then I'll do whatever it takes"

Goku:"Ok. Let's begin then"

Back in universe 8.

Liquir:"You've did it Xicor! You actually have done it!"

Xicor lands on the ground, exhausted.

Xicor:"Thanks...If it wasn't for you two-"

Norbi:"Don't thank us just yet. We still have a war to win first"

Liquir:"You two must rest before heading out"

Norbi:"Two of us? Wait, do you mean..."

Liquir:"Yes. I believe you're ready now Norbi. You're ready to fight along with the friends you have made"

Norbi:"Thanks Liquir!"

Norbi hugs Liquir.

Liquir:"Now. Let's rest for the time being"

Everyone heads inside to have one last feast before the war against the angels.

Norbi:"This is it...our final moment together before heading out to save each universe"

Xicor:"Yeah, everyone is counting on us. Even if they don't what's going on"

Norbi:"Is this the type of things you go through everyday? Fighting against evil to save everyone?"

Xicor:"Yeah, But mostly I fought with Mercury by my side"

Norbi:"Mercury...What is he like?"

Xicor:"Heh. Where would I even start? The guy is probably the universes greatest hero. Even if he says he isn't a hero, he knows that everyone needs him fighting for what is right"

Norbi:"Why doesn't he want to be called a hero?"

Xicor:"To be honest, I don't know that answer myself. Mercury is weird like that, he saves everyone and everything from destruction but yet, he always tells me that someone had to do it"

Norbi:"Well...Yeah, someone has to"

Xicor:"Yeah, which is way I fight with him. To carry some of responsibility on my shoulders as well. Everyone watching you to see if you fail or win, people doubt you and wish for you never make it out alive. What people have said to us before has gotten inside my head and caused doubt. But yet, Mercury didn't care"

Norbi:"Why not?"

Xicor:"It's like he always say,'Someone's gotta do it. Like it or not, Love or Hated. You have to do what you know is right'. That was what he kept telling me before every fight we entered"

Norbi:"It's nice to know someone's got your back"

Xicor:"Heh. You're telling me. You have no idea how many times Mercury has saved my life or anyone else's lives"

Back on Planet Sadala.

Xicor:"Mercury is probably the only person that could save every universe right now"

Mercury:"Here we go!"

Mercury throws a Ki ball at a mountain. Once reaching impact, the ball destroys the mountain instantly.

Goku:"That's it! You got the hang of it!"

Mercury:"You think I'm ready for the real thing?"

Goku:"Think? I know so! But to be sure, let's practice this a bit more"

Mercury:"Alright!"

Mercury's training for this technique has begun! Will this new technique be able to change the tides? Find out later in the next chapter!