Chapter 83: Mastery of Ultra Instinct

Beerus and Mercury clash fist, causing a shockwave of power to flow through the air.

Beerus:"You've grown stronger Mercury"

Mercury:"This is But a taste of my power"

Beerus:"Then show me!"

Beerus lands punches into Mercury's body while Mercury tries his best to block the attacks. Mercury catches one of Beerus's fist and elbows his gut, Beerus coughs out saliva but punches Mercury's head with his other fist with anger. Mercury crashes into the ground while Beerus forms his Ki orbs once again.

Beerus:"Guess that's, that then"

Beerus sends a swarm of Ki orbs to Mercury who stands back up.

Mercury:"This is my full power!"

Mercury cups his hands together and puts it to his side.

Mercury:"Ka..me..ha..me..HAA!"

Mercury fires the blast to the orbs, destroying all of them and heading straight for Beerus. As the blast reaches Beerus, he blocks the attack with his hands and begins to hold the blast back.

Mercury:"Damnit! He can block it?!"

Beerus is able to hold the blast back but slightly pushing him back. Mercury was starting to lose his power and deformed out of White. As so, Beerus moves out the way finally and heads straight for Mercury.

Beerus:"You truly are indeed a wonderful fighter"

Beerus walks in front of the tired Mercury.

Beerus:"But nowhere near enough to become the God of Destruction"

Mercury:"Damnit! Trigger already Ultra Instinct! Where are you?"

Mercury then remembers what Whis has said about Ultra Instinct and that Goku has also mention after the T.O.P.

Flashback to Whis.

Whis:"You See, While Xicor is a very good fighter, he lacks in speed as he thinks out a plan of attack"

Xicor:"Can't always be careful"

Whis:"That is true but it limits how effective you are in a fight and could lead to you losing. You've been lucky enough to win so far but I sense that won't last long"

Xicor:"We'll see about that when I surpass Mercury"

Whis:"About That, Mercury is Also a very good fighter, on par with Goku and Vegeta but what makes Mercury special is that empty hold in his potential. He seems to have no barrier blocking his power and to make things interesting, he doesn't have this movement restriction like you Xicor. Mercury is able to fight in battle without a plan which could be his downfall but could be a good thing if taught by the correct teachers"

Mercury:"So...I'm stronger than Xicor?"

Whis:"In a simple way, Yes you are"

Mercury grows a smile while Xicor becomes pissed.
Flashback to Goku after the T.O.P

Mercury:"Goku!"

Goku was eating food with everyone else at Capsule Corp for winning the Tournament.

Goku:"What is it Mercury?"

Mercury:" I wanted to ask about that whole 'Ultra Instinct' thing"

Goku:"Oh sure! But, I don't know much myself since it was sudden and all"

Mercury:"That's Fine. Just wanted to know, how did you trigger Ultra Instinct?"

Goku:"That's where I don't know. It happened on dire situations"

Mercury:"Then how did you master it?"

Goku:"Well, I was thinking whenever I fought in Ultra Instinct but finally decided to let it fight for me and I guess that's what happened"

Mercury:"You Let Ultra Instinct fight for you?"

Goku:"It's really hard to explain but I'm sure you will find out"

Goku returns eating his food while Mercury scratches his head.
Flashback end.

Mercury:"No movement restrictions and to let it control me? I..think I understand now"

Mercury closes his eyes and letting Beerus punch Mercury over and over again.

Beerus:"Given up Mercury?"

Mercury takes a step back while smiling.

Mercury:"I get it now. That's how it works"

Beerus:"What are you on about?"

Mercury:"Why not and find out yourself?"

Beerus growls at Mercury and swings another punch. As the punch grows closer, Mercury opens his eyes with them being sliver and dodging the punch.

Beerus:"What?"

Mercury punches Beerus towards Whis and Xicor who were shocked to see Mercury figured out Ultra Instinct.

Mercury:"I think I got it down now"

Mercury closes his eyes and reopens them to being the normal black color.

Whis:"You Actually did it Mercury!"

Xicor:"He surpasses everyone, including me again!"

Mercury smiles but is tired from using Ultra Instinct in that quick second.

Beerus:"Heh. You and Goku"

Beerus rubs the blood off his mouth and looking at Me.

Beerus:"You two are really something else, you know that?"

Mercury:"Heh...Couldn't ask for a better teacher. But I do have one request"

Beerus:"What is that Mercury?"

Mercury:"I want you to teach..."

Everything fades to dark. What was Mercury request? And will Mercury be able to fight against the angels in time before their sinister plot begins?