Chapter 78: To pay and to recevie

Sour:"Is that..."

Mercury:"Does it matter? Only thing I'm concerned about is beating you"

Sour:"Let us see then"

Mercury disappears but reappears as he tried to land an attack in Sour. As Mercury does appear with the attack planned out, Sour dodge the attack barely as it only grazes him. Mercury swings his legs around while in the air still, Sour blocks the attacks but was soon broken as Mercury kept the kicks going. Sour was able to use his staff to keep Mercury away but was being pushed back so Sour went in for a hit but missed as Mercury dodges it.

Mercury:"This is for Xicor!"

Mercury finally lands a hit on Sour's face with a left punch. As Sour is being sent back from the force of the punch, Mercury appears in front Sour's direction.

Mercury:"And this is for my son!"

Mercury knees Sour's back, sending him into the air. Mercury chases after Sour and once again cuts Sour's path off. Mercury brought his hands together and slams Sour back to the ground.

Mercury:"This is what I think about your angel crap!"

Mercury fires off multiple ki balls and blasting Sour with each one. Mercury stops as he felt himself being drained of his stamina.

Mercury:"Damn...Ultra Instinct..."

Mercury falls back to the ground and lands on one knee. Sour stands up from the dust and cleaning his clothes from all the rubble.

Sour:"Impressive for a mortal but not enough"

Mercury:"I can keep going. Don't think I'm out yet"

Mercury gets on his two feet and starts letting the steam leave his body.

Mercury:"I'll push myself to the limit and even beyond just to save everyone..."

Sour:"How boring, using everyone's wishes as your power"

Mercury:"You don't know a damn thing about what I fight for! You...you gods watch over us and do nothing about it! All you do is destroy universes and people when you feel like it! I can't accept that as your taking a innocent life away! For everyone you killed and took a life, YOU WILL PAY!!"

Mercury drops out of Ultra Instinct and into Super Saiyan White. As Mercury was powering up from pure rage, the area was being destroyed and lightning was striking off Mercury.

Sour:"Seems we come to the end..."

Mercury:"Not until you pay!"

Mercury stops charging and attacks Sour. Sour was able to block every attack from Mercury. As Mercury was blinded by rage, Sour took this to his advantage and chopped Mercury's neck to knock him out...But it didn't work, Mercury was stunned for only a second but was able to keep going and attacking Sour.

Sour:"Give it up Mercury!"

Mercury:"Not when I'm still standing!"

Sour used his staff to knock Mercury off balance and sent him flying away. As Mercury was sent back, Sour's staff started glowing.

Sour:"I see...Alright I will"

As Mercury came back, Sour tapped his staff on the ground and disappears.

Mercury:"What?!"

Mercury stops and searches around for Sour but couldn't find him.

Mercury:"He must've left..."

Alice:"Mercury!"

Mercury drops out of White and looks over to Alice.

Alice:"Get Xicor and let's head back to Conton City!"

Mercury nods his head and grabs Xicor who was still knocked out from before. As Mercury and Alice take Xicor and Eleso to Conton City, Mercury starts to feel dizzy as they land in City limits.

Alice:"Mercury? What's wrong?"

Alice's voice becomes distorted and echoes in Mercury's head as he drops Xicor and swings back and forth.

Mercury:"I...don't know..."

Mercury drops to his knees and passes out while still hearing Alice's voice call out for help. As Mercury starts to slip in and out of conscious, the last thing he saw was his son, Eleso before finally passing out.