Chapter 67: Hope vs Death!

Xicor:"Mercury...you're back"

Damien:"Back already? Guess he really is determined or plain stupid"

Xicor:"Sir, If you would, may I fight him?"

Damien:"You wish to fight Mercury?"

Xicor:"That is if you wish so sir"

Damien:"...."

Xicor:"Sir?"

Damien:"...No, not yet"

Xicor:"Then when?"

Damien:"I'll let you know but for now, let's have our masked friend handle this"

Conton City Hub.

Mercury:"Thank you Vados"

Vados:"Don't thank me. Just please return what this universe was before"

Vados heads back to Universe 6 while Mercury tightens the belt on his Gi.

Mercury:"Wonder who's fighting me today"

Mercury stretches while the masked fighter appears.

Mercury:"Again with the mask? I hate those things"

Masked fighter:"...."

Mercury:"You do remind me of Goku a bit, at least hair wise you do"

Mercury throws some punches in the air.

Mercury:"So...Let's Get this started then?"

Mercury jumps back and forth then takes his stance.

Mercury:"Let's go!"

The masked fighter fires ki blasts towards Mercury who dodged them with ease.

Mercury:"Not bad. But, you're gonna need to try harder than that"

Mercury closes in on the masked fighter and start clashing with one another. Mercury and the masked fighter are even in strength as none of them have landed a decision making hit.

Mercury:"You're pretty much my equal...strange..."

The masked fighter throws a high kick but Mercury ducks under it. What Mercury didn't realize was that the masked fighter brought his leg down on top of Mercury. The hit landed with Mercury being dug into the ground.

Mercury:"Ow..."

Mercury raised his head but saw the masked fighter had a ki blast in front of him.

Mercury:"Well shit..."

Mercury was waiting for the masked fighter to shoot him but it seemed the masked fighter was being conflicted on doing so.

Mercury:"He's conflicted...like before with me when I was fighting Xicor in that mask control"

Mercury took this opportunity and hit the masked fighter's hand away and landed a blow on his gut. The masked fighter jumped back while rubbing his gut area.

Mercury:"So I can hurt you. That just makes this easier"

Mercury transformed into Super Saiyan and took his stance.

Mercury:"Let's see if you can keep up then"

The masked fighter takes lead first and lands a direct punch to Mercury's face.

Mercury:"He was holding back before?!"

Mercury backflips away and jumps up to land on top of a broken building.

Mercury:"He was holding back before to match my strength in base form but now adjusted it to match me in Super Saiyan...He's a Saiyan alright but who?"

Mercury wipes the blood off his face and lets his Ki out.

Mercury:"Alright then, I'm ready"

The masked fighter jumps up to Mercury and begun having a Fist to Fist fight. Mercury punches the masked fighter but the masked fighter comes back with a left punch,right punch, a knee to the stomach and ending it with a straight uppercut. Mercury fell off the building and lands on the ground hard.

Mercury:"Alright...definitely know who it is now"

Mercury gets up and deforms.

Mercury:"Alright! Come on then!"

The masked fighter flies towards Mercury who jumps out the way. The masked fighter crashes into the ground while Mercury charges an ki blast.

Mercury:"Kamehameha!"

The masked fighter puts his hand forward and blocks the attack.

Mercury:"It won't be that easy!"

?:"You're right"

Mercury:"Huh?"

Mercury was blasted away into a building.

?:"It won't be that easy...brother"

Mercury:"X-Xicor!"

Mercury gets up from the rubble.

Mercury:"What are you doing here?"

Xicor:"Came to finish up my kill"

Mercury:"That's funny. Hearing that from a dead brother"

Xicor:"I see you slightly improved that smart ass mouth of yours"

Mercury:"I did more than just that"

Mercury transformed into Blue.

Mercury:"I've gotten stronger"

Xicor:"Stronger? You sure that's what happen or you actually looking for a death wish? Cause I'm more than happy to do it myself"

Mercury:"Let's find out then"