Chapter 63: The truth of the Hitman.

Beat was angry, really angry, he had been a mess because his free day was a complete disaster and he almost lost all in this fight. Luckily he had been smart enough to make a plan to finish this case in a good way. Still, the police forgot about all of his help and were condecorated by Francis himself.

Still Beat tried to do some questions to Vaas but he did not say a word about Francis until Beat decided to play more smoothly than he did before.
In Vaas cell. Beat enters in it and a guard says that he has only 15 minutes and that this will be the last time he will be able to talk to Vaas.
-Beat: Then I have to make it count. Vaas, I need you to be sincere and answer these questions.
-Vaas: Are you going after him?
-Beat: Guess the answer. (Grabs a recorder) Vaas, answer with his name. Ok?
-Vaas: What do I gain?
-Beat: Your life, a new job, and to see your wife.
-Vaas: Even Francis said that I lost her! That he couldn't do nothing about it!
-Beat: Francis could but didn't want to. But with the correct friends even I can do something about it. Your wife was sentenced to life in prison. For not following up with Bell.
-Vaas: Can you bring her back?
-Beat: She is indeed out of prison. And no taint in her record.
-Vaas: How!?
-Beat: Erina learned of your situation and that cinnamon roll could not stand this abuse of power. So she rechecked her case and found out the true culprit. Of course that shame was covered up.
-Vaas: I will answer your questions, all of them! My daughter is alright no?
-Beat: I protected her from the gears of the administration. Since we were checking the case of your wife, I could stop them with the best excuse that I can use! The usual of: You are in my way!
-Vaas: Thanks, even for what I did.
-Beat: It was for your daughter. A human with bone control and bone regeneration. The things that half breeds get.
-Vaas: Ask the question or the time will end.
-Beat: You were paid by Francis for what?
-Vaas: I had to kill 7 people. Shiro included. The pay was so big that I was unable to say no.
-Beat: Okay. Why?
-Vaas: Because there were two, the two first ones that should have followed the plan of Francis to keep up this system and for that they also needed Erina.
-Beat: What is Francis plan?
-Vaas: I do not know. But he will become immortal if all that plan works.
-Beat: OH? He wants my curse!? He is stupid and he won't get it. But cannot die but someday everyone dies. There's always death in life. Thanks for all.
Beat stopped recording and left and gave to the lawyer of Vaas a pair of tips to make the judge put a weaker sentence on Vaas or even be reinserted in a monster hunting organization.

Beat left the area and started thinking about the situation. Francis had a plan, things were going to be a real mess if he managed to complete it a day he needed Erina. All that made no sense at all for Beat. At least for now but he knew one thing, Francis had to go to prison or die. If he gave Francis a chance to win, it would be a bad thing for everyone else.
Meanwhile in White Hope, Erina was searching important information about Francis and she found out one thing. Francis had studied the monsters and knew more about them than anyone else.

Beat has seen a trouble so big that seems that will cause a big mess in the world! What will happen? Stay tuned to know it, vote and if you liked it a lot share it with your friends!