Krypton

Thank you all so much for wanting to read this! It means a lot. This story takes place on Krypton, assuming Krypton never blew up.

@babycow2760 Thanks for being a good partner!

_____________________________

*Kara's POV*

I woke up to the sound of Kal-El playing with his friend that spent the night. They must have been playing Kipon, a Kryptonian game where you see who can do a pose the longest. Kind of like Twister. All I could hear was them falling over and over and over. It was very loud. Not to mention I lived in a condo. The civilians down stairs could probably hear it. I eventually couldn't take it anymore and I got out of bed. I walked down the hallway and into the living room. As soon as they saw me, they stopped.

"Sorry Kara. We didn't mean to make that much noise." Kal-El slept here because both his and his friends parents were on a vacation to the Infalands. I could only imagine the Infalands. They are loaded with beaches of golden sand, trees with silver and white flowers. Little creatures were everywhere! I dreamed of going one day. But that day wasn't today.

I looked at Kal-El and I said."That's okay. I had to get up anyways." I glanced a smile at them and turned around to my coffee maker. Yes, Krypton has coffee. I'm pretty sure every world has coffee. I would hate to live on one that didn't. Maybe that no good party planet Daxam doesn't. They don't deserve it. They started this war. We will finish it. When I was younger, one Daxamite decided that they were going to try to destroy Krypton. Of course they didn't and he was shot down from his plane. Daxam thought we had killed an innocent Daxamite. So boom, war. Just like that. By the time I was done thinking about that primitive planet my coffee was done.

I grabbed the pot by the handle and poured the liquid energy into my favorite mug. On the side it said, To infinity and beyond! It was plastered with little stars and planets all over it. It was adorable.

After I took the first sip I went to the couch to sit down. I still had bed hair and pajamas on when the doorbell rang. I used my x-ray vision to see who it was. Shoot. Simon's mom! I ran to my room and changed and brushed my hair. When I was done, I reached to the door and opened it. "Hello! Simon was great! He can stay anytime!" I say.

"Bye Simon!" Kal waves as I shut the door.

My mother comes in the house. "Why are you home so soon mother?"

"Hello Kara, I need to discuss something with you." She seems really serious.

"What is it?" I ask concerned.

"Well, you know that Krypton and Daxam don't get along very well."

"What about it mother? Why are you home so early? You weren't supposed to be back until this weekend.

"You know that Krypton and Daxam are at war. And you also know that the only way to stop the war is with an offering or just sending more troops to die."

"Yes, why?"

"Well the offering that Daxam has asked for is the highest powered girls hand in marriage to the highest powered man. Since I am the highest powered girl on Krypton, and I cannot marry, that leaves you. I cannot marry because I am already married. It would be against Rao's commandments for me to marry again."

"What does all that mean?" I say confused.

"Kara, it means that you must marry the Prince of Daxam or millions more die. I would rather have the first option. Even if it is marrying into that scum planet." She looks at me sadly and expectantly.

I almost had a heart attack. Me? Marry a Daxamite? Not in a million years.

"No mother I won't do it. Plus where's Dad?"

"Your father is still on the vacation. As soon as I heard this news, I had to tell you. But please Kara. Would you really let millions of people die to save your love life? I didn't raise you like this."

"I'll think about it."

She hugs me and she's gone as quickly as she came. Back off the Infalands. Seems really nice right now. But why me? It had to be me. Of course. As I adjust to what I just heard I think it over. It took almost three hours. I paced and paced until Kal just told me to sit down. Smart kid. I can't go through with this, I could never love a Daxamite. Never! But, millions of lives are depending on it. Millions of lives, on my shoulders. I finally reached a decision. I will marry a Daxamite. For the sake of my planet. He better not get any ideas either. Oh Rao, Help me. I rush to find my phone. I text my mom.

Me-

I will do it. To save my planet.

After a little while I got a text back.

Mother-

I knew you would do the right thing sweetie We will talk more about it when I get home. Love you!

Me-

Love you too mother!

I was still very upset that I have to do this. But I am certainly not letting all those troops die. I decided to take my mind off of it and went to go check on Kal. He was always in the bonus room when he was here. It was basically his room. I walked in while I knocked on the door. "Hey Buddy! What are you doing?"

"Just playing with my action figures. Wanna play?" He asked me. 

"Yeah! I need some child time anyways." We both started laughing as he handed me a little man. The man had a helmet and a hammer. "Where'd you get this?"

"I don't know. I got it for my birthday!" 

"Well it's very cool." I say.