Get The Guy

*Kara’s POV*

I hold onto the book tight while flying so I don’t drop it. I fly to Mon-el’s apartment and knock on the door. He opens the door and looks at me.

“What are you doing here?” He asked.

“I’m here to give you this.” I show him the book. He takes it from my hands slowly.

“Where did you get this?” He asks while flipping through the pages.

“Alex found it.”

“Come in.” He moves out of the way so I walk in. He closes the door behind us. “Did you… did you read it?”

“Only one part, Alex wouldn’t leave me alone so.” I look down and back up at him. “Did you mean it?” He doesn’t answer. “Mon-el, please tell me the truth.”

“Kara… Of course I meant it.” I get butterflies in my stomach.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Being back here just opened my eyes a little. And I know I asked Naomi to marry me but… I was only trying to hurt you. And I feel really guilty for everything I put both of you through.”

“You were successful.”

“Kara, all I want is to hold you and kiss you and be with you finally.” He looks me in the eye.

“So do something about it.” He hesitates for a second. In a matter of seconds I am pushed against the wall with him staring into my eyes. He looks at my lips and bites his lip. He is holding onto my hands so I can’t do anything. He pushes his body up against mine. And before I know it his lips are on mine. I kiss back with as much force as he gives me. He finally releases my hands so I put them around his body and pull him closer, if that’s even possible. He picks me up and carries me to the couch. I lay down and he lies on top of me. He kisses my neck and I lay my head back. Just when it was getting good he stopped. He puts his lips next to my ear.

“I don’t hate you Kara.”

“That’s really good to hear.” I smile.

“I actually love you, with everything I have I love you.” I tear up a little.

“I love you too Mon-el. I missed you so much.” I grab his neck and pull him closer to me. “Please don’t leave me.”

“I’m never gonna leave you again.” He stares at my eyes. “Marry me.”

“What?”

“Marry me now, we can go to Barbados and get married on a beach.”

“You’re serious?”

“Of course I’m serious, what do you say?”

“I say yes, I’ll marry you… again.” We laugh and we share a short but passionate kiss. “Tell me this is real, tell me I’m not dreaming.”

“You’re not dreaming, I love you and we are really getting married.” I smile. He puts his finger up. “Hold that thought.” He gets up and runs out of the apartment. I just lay there for ten minutes until he comes back.

“Where did you go?”

“I needed to get something.” He pulls a box out of his jacket. He gets on one knee in front of me. “Kara Zor-el, I... I love you-”

“Yes.” I interrupt him.

“You didn't let me ask you.”

“Yes, baby, yes. Rao, I love you.” I grab his face with my hands and I kiss him fiercely. I pull back and he slides the ring on my finger. I laugh/cry. He stands up and uses his superspeed to pack some clothes. “Now, you wanna go now?”

“Yep, let’s get you some clothes.” I nod and we fly to my loft. I use superspeed to pack a bag for me then we head towards Barbados. We get there and we pay for a really expensive hotel room. We get upstairs and put our stuff down. I lay on the bed while Mon-el just looks me up and down. “How did I get so lucky?”

“I guess it pays to be incredible.” He walks to me and kisses me. We have some fun. After awhile we are just laying in bed holding onto each other. “I think I should tell Alex I’m gonna be gone a couple days.”

“Be my guest.” We both pull out our phones and I send a message to Alex while he sends one to J’onn.

*Alex’s POV*

“Is Kara here?” I ask Maggie.

“I have not seen her.”

“She didn't come home last night. I don't know if I should be worried.” Then I get a text message. “Well, apparently not.Don't worry about me, I'm fine. Kara.” I say, reading the message.

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine.” Maggie reads a message on her phone.

“Well, at least she's being thorough.”

“Oh, it's not from her.”

“What?”

“Mon-el.”

“What's up with that?”

“No way.”

*Kara’s POV*

“Okay, responsible "I have not been attacked by a psycho" text message sent.” I say.

“Good. Responsible "I know I've been dark lately but everything's okay" message sent.” I get a message back.

“Oh It's from you.”

“Hmm.”

“Well. Kara, I love you. Let's go get married. Mon-el. Can a text message change your life?”

“Rao, I hope so.”

*Alex’s POV*

I’m back at the D.E.O.

“How are things here?” Winn asked. “Kara pulling out of her funk?” Winn started working here recently. He is good with computers so kara got him the job.

“Kara was out all night with Mon-el.”

“Is that right? And what do you suppose they were doing?” I smirk and shrug my shoulders.

*Mon-el’s POV*

“Mon-el.” I turn around and there stands Kara in a short white dress. “Didn’t-have-anytime-to-prepare-for-this-wedding material?”

“Wow. Heart-skips-a-beat, breathtaking material. You look beautiful Kara.”

“Thank you Mon-el. We should get going if we don’t wanna be late.” I nod. We go to the beach and there stands quite a few couples waiting to get married by a guy with long hair and beach shorts.

“Kara, I’m having second thoughts about this.”

“About us getting married?”

“No, about this. This is not at all how I imagined it.”

“No, it’s okay. I just wanna be your wife.”

“I know but I don’t wanna do it here. I want you to have your perfect wedding.”

“I’ve already had my perfect wedding.”

“Kara, I want Alex to be there. And I want all of our friends there.”

“I really like that idea. Let’s go home.” We get back to the hotel and start packing. “Since we’re going home and people are going to find out eventually, can I go ahead and tell Alex about the engagement?”

“Sure, go ahead.” She gets out her phone and calls Alex.

“Alex hey.” She pauses for a minute. “I’m fine Alex, now I have some big news. I’m getting married.” I hear Alex scream through the phone. “I know. Yes it’s Mon-el. Okay, I’ll tell him you said hi.” I smile and Kara hangs up the phone.

“Alex is clearly excited.”

“Yeah.”

“Are we ready?” She nods. “Okay, let’s go home.”