525,600 Minutes

*1 year later, Mon-el's POV*

I've been living in Charlotte with Naomi for 1 year now. I haven't visited Alex for a few months and that's what I'm planning on doing today.

"Hey Naomi?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm gonna go see Alex today, I haven't seen her in awhile and I miss her."

"Okay, don't be gone too long though.

"Why?" I smirk.

"I'll miss you too much." I smile and pull her down on top of me.

"I'll miss you too. I'll be back in a couple days."

"Good to hear."

"I guess I should get going."

"Okay." I put my bag by the door. Naomi wraps her arms around me from behind. "I love you."

"I love you too. Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it."

"I hope so." I kiss her passionately.

"Bye and bye to you too Duke!" I say to the now big dog sitting in the corner. He lifts his head up and runs to me. I pet him for a minute then I leave. I leap to National city and I go to Alex's apartment. I knock and wait a minute. I expect to see Alex but instead Kara opens the door.

"Mon-el?" She says.

"Kara."

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see Alex, is she here?

"Yeah, come in." She runs to get Alex. A minute later they walk back out. Alex envelopes me in a hug.

"Alex, Rao I missed you."

"I missed you too." She hits my arm.

"Why did you do that?"

"You said you were gonna visit."

"I know, I got caught up in trying to find a job and everything was new, I'm sorry."

"So, what's been going on?"

"Well, I'm working as a sous-chef in an amazing restaurant called The Fig Tree. It's really amazing."

"That's great. So, why didn't you call or something to tell me you were coming?"

"Oh, it was sorta last minute."

"I think I'm gonna go." Kara said.

"Why?"

"So you two can catch up."

"Okay." Alex said in a sad tone.

"It's good to see you Kara." I say.

"You too Mon-el." Kara walks out the door.

"How is she doing?"

"Some days are good some are bad, you know?"

"Yeah, listen I'm sorry for just showing up. If I had known Kara was here I never would've come."

"It's okay Mon-el."

"I didn't want to make things harder."

"I know, anyway, how has your life been?" We sit on the couch.

"It's not bad, nice job, nice place, nice girlfriend."

"You have a girlfriend?"

"Yes I do."

"What's her name? How did you meet?"

"Her name is Naomi and we met the night I left National city. She was on the same train as me and she was really nice. She gave me a place to stay."

"Where are you living now?"

"I live in Charlotte."

"North Carolina wow."

"Yeah, I have a dog, his name is Duke."

"Breed?"

"German Shepherd."

"Aww."

"So how are you, what's going on in the life of Alex Danvers?"

"Okay, I have some news."

"Hit me."

"I have a girlfriend."

"That's incredible!" I hug her.

"You really think so?"

"Yeah I do. Is that like a bad thing on Earth or?"

"Some people don't approve of ladies lovin ladies or like it."

"Well they can suck it. I'm happy for you. What's her name?"

"Her name is Maggie and I met her at a crime scene."

"FBI?"

"She is a cop."

"Of course Alex Danvers dates someone who owns a firearm." I smile. "That sounds great, I'm seriously happy for you."

"Why don't you come home?" I look down.

"I have a new home. Anyway I wanted to uh... to ask you something."

"Shoot."

"Have you heard anything from Florin since... you know?"

"Actually, he's turned over a new leaf. He works for the D.E.O. now." I stand up.

'WHAT!?"

"He changed, I don't know if it was the guilt or what but he showed up at the D.E.O. a few months after you left. He said he would work full time no pay and we needed someone strong to do the heavy lifting."

"What about Kara?"

"She went M.I.A. for a couple months. When we finally tracked her down I convinced her to come back."

"So she works with Florin, willingly?"

"Not exactly. It's taken some time but she learned to get the job done even if she wants to punch his face in."

"I would do it for her but if I see him I'm afraid I'll kill him."

"Mon-el, we could really use you too."

"I can't Alex, I'm sorry. I have a new life, I can't just abandon it."

"Like you abandoned us?" I sigh.

"I'm sorry, I really am." I fiddle with my hands. "Maybe I should just go back home tonight."

"Maybe it's for the best."

"I'll be seeing you." She smiles. Before I am able to walk out she runs up to me and gives me a hug, I hug back. After a minute she releases.

"I'll see you later Mon-el." She makes a sad face. I nod and walk out the door. I decided to run back home so it would take me longer cause I don't want Naomi to be suspicious. I finally make it home. I walk in and see Naomi laying on the couch asleep.

I kneel next to her and kiss her cheek. She wakes up and smiles. "Hi."

"Hi, you're back early."

"Yeah, my trip got cut short."

"I'm sorry."

"Oh it's okay. I'm gonna let you go back to sleep. Come here." I pick her up and take her to the bed. I lay her down and cover her up with the blanket.

"Tomorrow, we need to talk about something okay?" She says.

"Okay, just get some rest." She nods and I kiss her head. I get changed into different clothes and lay down. I stare at the ceiling for what seems like forever.

*Kara's POV*

I can't believe he was here. I lay down, getting ready for bed. I stare at the ceiling thinking about the time we spent apart. And about how much he could've changed in that time.