Death Isn't Always A Consequence

Just so you know, the boy in this picture is in this chapter. Please enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Mon-el's POV*

Some people say that when one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us. The door that opened for me was Kara, my wife and my partner. Love is, in fact, an intensification of life, a completeness, a fullness, a wholeness of life.

"GET THAT THING OUT OF HIM!"

Friendship is the most constant, the most enduring the most basic part of love. Alex. The most badass and intelligent person I know. A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. They are like true love, minus all the romance. They are what keep us together. Life without friends isn't a life at all.

"HE'S CODING!"

You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them. I know that if I had to choose between going back and being able to change everything, or staying put and living out this life, I would choose to stay put. Sometimes you have to lose all you have to find out who you truly are. I've lost so much over the past few years. I lost my home, my wife, my life. But even when I was at my lowest, I still rose above all the darkness and I came back out into the light. I got my life back. I intended to live it.

"KARA, GET OUT OF HERE!"

Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. Me? I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens. I can't fathom saying goodbye to my family. But it's okay because goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation. I never wished to be separated from them. I've gotta have hope that one day, I will wake up.

*Kara's POV*

Alex got the device out of his head, but there came complications. "He's in a coma," hearing those words, I break down. It's been four months and there are still no signs of him waking up. I haven't left his side much, only to shower, go to Catco for a little bit, and go out as Supergirl so nobody gets worried. Alex has been bringing me food so I don't have to leave him. I need to be the first thing he sees when he finally comes back.

"Hey baby," I hold his hand. "How are you today?" silence. "I was at Catco and Winn and James sends their best. You know, I haven't left your side because I want to be the first person to see your beautiful grey eyes," I stifle a laugh. "I'm showing now. Alex says we may be able to learn the gender pretty soon so. You have to wake up, because I can't do this without you. Our baby needs their daddy. Come back to me baby," I lay my head on his hand. "Just, give me a sign that you can hear me," I wait for several seconds until I see one of his fingers wiggle. I quickly look up to him, but his eyes are still closed. "Keep holding on."

*Mon-el's POV*

"Just, give me a sign that you can hear me," I fight so hard to move something. When finally, I'm able to move my finger a little. It's not much, but at least she knows I'm listening. "Keep holding on," all I wanted was to hold her in my arms and kiss her. I want to be there for her in these nine months of pregnancy. Why did this have to happen? Why does the world smack us down for loving each other? Before I know it, I'm back in this repetitive dream sequence. "Hi," I turn around and a boy stands there. He looks to be about 18. I've seen him before, but I don't know what it means. Who is he?

"Hi," I say.

"How are you today?"

"You know, I'm not doing too good. I need to wake up. My wife, my child they need me."