Judge, Jury, and The Fine Line

*Mon-el's POV*

It was a long day at the D.E.O. and I decided to go home. Kara had to stay a little while longer cause she had to talk with Alex. I got home to find the door cracked open. I walked inside and found a man lying on the floor unconscious. I listened to check for a heart beat and I couldn't hear one. "Come on get up." I tried to shake him but nothing worked. I touched his throat to feel for a heartbeat and nothing was there. Then I hear someone trying to knock down the door.

"NCPD, we're coming in!" I panic. I turn to run but I stop myself.

"Don't run." I start thinking about Kara and how I let her down somehow. They finally bust in the door and I put my hands up.

"Mike Mathews, you are under arrest for the murder of Josiah Parker." They slap handcuffs on me. "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you?" I nod. "With these rights in mind, do you wish to speak to me?"

I shake my head, "No sir."

"Let's get him out of here." Maggie walks in.

"Mags!"

"I'll take him."

"What's going on?" I ask.

"You're being taken down to the station."

"I mean, who was that man?"

"I don't know."

"I didn't kill anyone Mags, I swear."

"I know, I think someone's framing you."

"We have to get Kara."

"I'll fill Kara and Alex in, do not say anything until I get back." I sit in the back of a police car.

*Kara's POV*

"Alex, why didn't you come to me about Maggie?"

"I just, I didn't want to ruin your honeymoon. It's okay Kara, I promise." I shake my head then Maggie comes in running.

"Kara, Alex!" She stops by us, breathing heavily.

"Are you okay?" I ask while holding her up.

"It's not me, it's Mon-el."

"What about him?"

"He's been brought in for murder." My heart stops.

"WHAT! Do we know who the victim is?"

"Yeah um-- his name is Josiah Parker." I freeze.

"Jo-- Josiah Parker, are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm positive why?"

"Josiah Parker is the reason why I'm not still in CADMUS. He helped me escape." I sit down before I collapse.

"I'm sorry Kara."

"He took care of me while I was there. How could this have happened?"

"I don't know, but we'll figure it out."

"I think I know who to ask." I walk fastly to the cell in a locked room with Alex and Maggie behind me. "The Red Daughter."

"Oh, so nice of you to visit me." She smirks.

"Who killed Josiah Parker?"

"An agent of CADMUS probably."

"Why?"

"Well because, he was a traitor, he helped you and many others escape."

"Why are you trying to frame Mon-el?"

"Oh, Mon-el is gonna be fine, trust me."

"Why would you want him to be arrested?"

"He wasn't arrested."

"What do you mean, I put him in the cop car myself?" Maggie says.

"I mean, that wasn't a cop car."

"What?" My breath hitches in my throat, knowing that Mon-el would be much safer at a police station.

"That would be a CADMUS vehicle my love." She says laughing.

"What do you want with Mon-el?" She stands up and hits the glass.

"Everything was perfect until you came back, why did you have to ruin my perfect day."

"Mon-el is mine, you are just a piece of DNA, you'll never be me." She punches the glass again.

"And you'll never see Mon-el again."

"I'll find him, you can count on it." I storm out of the room with Alex and Maggie behind me. "Alex I have to find him." I start crying and breathing heavily.

"We will okay, just breathe." She rubs my back.

"Winn." He runs over.

"Yeah?"

"I need you to scan National city for a rogue police car."

"I'm on it." He goes to the computer and starts typing. "I found something."

"What is it?"

"There was a police car that was supposed to go to the police station but was last spotted at an old warehouse just outside the city limits."

"I'm going."

"Kara wait, you have no idea what's out there."

"Yes I do, I was there remember. I lived there for months."

"Still, you can't go alone."

"They killed my friend Alex! They murdered him in cold blood just cause he helped me escape. I have to do this alone. I have to get Mon-el back and I have to avenge Josiah to make sure he didn't die for nothing."

"Kara, I'm sorry that he's dead but you can not go alone."

"You can't stop me, so don't try." I walk past her.

"KARA! DO NOT WALK OUT THAT DOOR!"

"I won't walk out, I'll fly out." I turn and fly out before she says another word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry I haven't updated for so long. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter!