Holding Onto Us

*Mon-el's P.O.V.*

I see Kara run off, so I approach her mother. "Hello Queen Zor-el."

"What do you want?"

"I want you to know what Florin did and I want you to know I would do anything for Kara."

"What exactly did he do, huh I'm sure it's not as bad as what you did.?"

"He um... he sexually harassed your daughter, he hit her." My breath hitches in my throat, thinking about what he did.

"I um... I did not know that, why didn't she tell me that?" She tears up.

"Because she is afraid of what Florin would do to her if he found out she told you."

"I need to go see her and talk to her." I nod, and start walking away, but before I get far she grabs my arm. "Did you help her escape him?"

"Uh yeah, yes I did." She hugs me, tight.

"Thank you."

"It was my pleasure, I heard what you were saying about me and it's wrong, I do care about Kara, a lot, I would do anything for her." I start walking away.

"Mon-el!" She yells.

"Will you come with me to talk to her?"

"Of course." We start walking down the hall to Kara's room. She knocks on the door.

"Kara, please open the door, I'm sorry for everything I said." She still doesn't open the door. "I take back all of it, I don't want to banish you." That makes her open the door, then she sees me and jumps into my arms.

"Ah Mon-el, I'm so sorry they locked you up."

"I'm okay, I'll be fine." She lets go of me and looks at her mother.

"Why did you change your mind?"

"Mon-el um... He told me what happened between you and Florin, I'm so sorry I didn't know." She starts crying. "That should never have to happen to anyone, I'm sorry I couldn't protect you from it." Kara hugs her mother.

"It's okay, I'm okay, Mon-el protected me from him." She looked at me then back at her mother.

"I was wrong about his feelings, he really does care about you, I shouldn't have judged you before I had gotten to know you."

"It's fine, actually before I came here, I was a horrible person, but then I met Kara and she taught me how to be caring and love." When I said love, Kara looked at me with shock on her face.

"I think, I'll leave you two to talk, I love you sweetie, and thank you Mon-el." She walks away and Kara and I walk into her room. She surprises me when she turns around and kisses me.

"You love me?" She smiles.

"I do." That makes her smile bigger.

"I love you too." When she says that, I pick her up and spin her around. "When I arrived on Krypton, I thought you would hate me, and I was right, you were stone cold, but I had one look at you and that's when I fell in love with you. Now, I know it's against the rules, a Daxamite and a Kryptonian being together, but I want too. I want to be with you forever Kara." I could see her tearing up. She had the biggest smile on her face.

"Mon-el, I was wrong about you, I thought all Daxamites were low-life, filthy, party animals. But then I met you and you defended me. I knew I loved you when we got back from Gurgles." She then grabbed my shirt collar and put her other hand around my back and pulled me into a long passionate kiss. I kicked the door closed with my foot and jumped onto the bed with Kara. We must have laid there for hours just staring at each other kissing and cuddling until we both fell asleep. This is better than anything that has ever happened to me before. I woke up with my arm around Kara and her cuddled up against me. I kissed the top of her head and got closer to her.

"Good morning." She whispered.

"Good morning beautiful." She put her hand around me and I swear I felt a bolt of electricity run through me. I smiled and couldn't stop trying to get closer.

"Stop moving!" She said. So, I stopped. "Nevermind, I'm awake now." She yawned after she said that.

"Do you want coffee?" I asked her.

"Yeah, but you stay here. I'll get it."

"No, you're the princess."

"Well, you're the prince. Guess which one I care about more." As she uncovered herself she ran to the kitchen to go make coffee before I could get there. When I eventually go there she was pouring some coffee into a mug and adding creme and sugar. She handed me some black coffee with the creme and sugar.

"No thanks, I like it black." I said as I picked up my coffee and took a sip.