(AU) Miguel x M!Reader ~ New Kid

(Y/N) POV

The university was huge from what I saw on the outside but the inside was even larger with lots of people. The history of this school is a very confusing one as both Disney University and DreamWorks University joined together to make Creative University; looking around, I see Belle and Adam plus Tadashi and Hiro. Someone tapped my shoulder, causing me to jump as I turned around to see Ms. Maleficent glaring down at him with a sharpness to her eyes and a cat around her ankles.

"You must be (y/n). Well, come with me and let's get you settled in." I followed her into the office, noticing a group of kids in the detention chairs laughing hysterically at what seemed to be him. As she closed the door, a few papers floated into Ms. Maleficent hands with my name on it must be my schedule I guessed.

"Alright, here you go and a map too. Now get out so I can deal with those three," she bluntly stated, jerking her thumb at the others outside the door. I nodded before leaving quickly, checking which class I had; as I walked, a muscular chest blocked the path that caused me to fall onto the floor with my books crashing down with me.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" a loud voice boomed, I looked up to see a fairly handsome man that must have been the gym teacher from what he was wearing. Sighing, I bent down to gather up my books; a girl with long brown hair and a Waddles bag on her shoulder began to help me.

"Don't mind, Mr. Gaston. He's a big jerk most of the time. I'm Moana! You must be new, let me help you find your class!" she beamed happily, picking up my schedule and reading it to find out what I had first today. Shocked, all I could do was a nod and let her do her thing while I stood up with my books in hand.

"Ah! You have History with Professor Merlin, I'm heading there too! Let's go and watch out for 5M."

"Who's that?" I asked as we began to walk to class. Giggling, Moana patted my shoulder before turning down a hallway with a library at one end.

"Merlin's secretary, Mim. You have nothing to worry about, buddy!" I nodded as we continued to walk down the hall, reaching a very colorful classroom with all sorts of history related thing decorating the walls and ceiling. An old man with a long grey beard approached us with a smile on his face from what I could tell, an arm stretched out towards me.

"You must be (y/n), I'll be your history teacher. I have you on the seating plan so for now, please stand by my desk at the front so you can introduce yourself to everyone when class begins. Sound like a plan?" I nodded, heading to the desk he mentioned before while waving at Moana who did the same as she went to sit with a girl with white hair and a strange tattoo on her arm on her left and a Hawaiian girl on her right. The bell rang a couple of minutes later, my hands started to become clammy from my social anxiety.

"Everyone, please settle down! Would you like to introduce yourself?" Merlin spoke up, gesturing to the front of the room. As I walked, I faked some courage and began to speak with no stutter somehow.

"Hello, I'm (y/n) and I'll be starting here from today on so, I look forward to working with you!" I sighed after I finished and listened to Merlin talk once again.

"Well, now that we have all gotten acquainted, let's get you seated! Miguel, wave to him so he knows where to sit as he will be sitting with you." A tan hand rose in the air, waving slightly at me to flag me down; I picked up my stuff and walked to him with a small blush on my cheeks, he was quite cute!

"Hi, I'm Miguel!" he said, extending his hand my way for me to shake it. I nodded, going back to look at the front to pay attention to the lesson. An hour passed and soon a tall woman with light purple hair strutted in with a file in hand, a snood expression on her face. Stopping the lesson, she whispered to Merlin while handing him the file carelessly; I nudged Miguel and pointed to the lady with our teacher.

"Oh, her. That's 5M or Mim as she is actually called. She's just one of the secretaries, you don't know much about the school yet, do you?" I shook my head, "well, stick with me and I'll tell you everything!" he smiled, god was it heavenly! Class ended and Miguel lead me around the school before taking me to an empty classroom with a few kids joking around in the middle of the room. Once they noticed us, they rushed over to us and bombarded Miguel with questions about who I was and what was going on. He introduced me to them all; Tulio, Pocahontas, Kenai, Jane, Bambi, Giselle, Bolt, Mowgli, Lady and Tramp, Nakoma, Thomas, and John. They were all friends due to the fact that they all worked at the animal shelter.

"You should come with us this afternoon!" suggested Giselle enthusiastically, jumping up and down as we sat around a group of desks. They all nodded, exchanging phone numbers with me before the bell went off for the third period. We departed and went through the rest of our days without a hitch; the end of the day came near and we all met up at the front gates to walk down to the shelter. As we walked, both Miguel and I stayed at the back of the group to talk in peace.

"So, you all settled in?" I nodded, looking at my feet as I walked with a bit of blush on my cheeks.

"I'm in room 289 in the dorms."

"So that's all your stuff in my room, huh?"

"You mean..."

"Yep, we're going to be roommates!" he exclaimed happily, kissing my cheek before catching up to Tulio to tell him the news. I lightly touched my cheek, a smile formed on my lips as I caught up to them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To see all my refrences and the character designs, go check out the amazing https://hyung86.deviantart.com/gallery/40579650/Disney-Ghibli