Newt x F!Reader ~ Boo

Requested by @992180a   

(Y/N) POV 

I sat high up in a tree, watching as Newt went about doing his duties. A large smirk plastered on my face while he huffed and puffed around; I twirled the dagger in my fingers as I obsessed over how cute his face looked. I was dropping leaves from the trees, watching them graze his skin. Just before he could catch a glimpse of me, I swung out of view quietly. Sitting higher in the tree, I watched him groan in annoyance and leave the base of the tree.

"Silly Newt," I giggled. Leaning back against the trunk, I stretched out my legs on the branch I sat on for a quick nap. After an hour, a stick reached up and began to poke my thighs, startling me awake to see Chuck looking up at me. "Something wrong, Chucky?" I teased.

"Gally is looking for you," he grumbled, tossing the stick aside. "Come on; what were you doing up there?" I jumped down, wrapping an arm around his shoulders, pulling him along to where I was needed.

"I'll tell you when you're older. Let's not keep Gal waiting," I chirped, kissing the boy's forehead as we walked to Gally's hut. Chuck ran off to do his duties, leaving me alone to face Gally by myself. "Hey, grumpy. You called?"

"Yeah and don't call me grumpy, shorty." He taunted me, feeding the brother-sister bond we had created over our time in the Glade. "I need you to collect some of the berries we found in the woods a few days back. Someone ate them all." We chuckled thinking back to Frypan's little indulgence episode the other day.

"I'll go, but save me a snack for when I get back," I winked, grabbing the bag he held in his hands; before heading out the door, he kissed my temple as a sign of good luck. Waving, I jogged behind the huts towards tall trees in many shades of green. After a few meters, Thomas approached me with a grunt as he walked. "Hey, something wrong?"

"Didn't sleep well is all. Newt is up ahead, (y/n)." Thomas sighed once he noticed my (e/c) eyes glittered with mischief as an idea popped into my head; I thanked the tall brunette and made my way to the berry bush. Behind the bush sat Newt, resting his head in his hands; I crouched down, placing the bag by the berries, and slowly snuck around to the other side.

"BOO!" I shouted, scaring the poor guy off the log he rested on. "Sorry, babe. Couldn't resist," I chirped, holding out my hand to help him up. He grumbled and swore under his breath as he stood up; his arms wrapped themselves around my waist as I placed my hands on his chest, his heart still racing.

"Do that again and you'll bloody regret it," he growled as he kissed my lips. I laughed into the kiss, moving in sync with his in a moment of bliss. "What are you doing here anyway?" he asked after we broke for air. I pointed behind him. "Ah. I'll help." We spent the rest of the day picking fruit and occasionally stopped for a kissing break.