Number Five x F!Reader ~ Confidant

(Y/N) POV

I unwrapped my hands as the boxing ring was closing and Diego began mopping the floors. I watched him quietly, swinging my bag over my shoulder as I made my way to the front doors.

"Did you need anything, Diego?" I asked, noticing small bags under his eyes. He shook his head, putting the mop down to give me a reassuring hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks for worrying but I'm really okay. Just trying to wrap my head around something."

"Can I pry?"

"My brother came back," he spoke darkly, going back to his job. We had been friends since Number Five, his brother, had disappeared as I was one of the few kids Professor Hargreeves let the children see and hang with on the odd occasion. The Umbrella Academy welcomed me with open arms; I was the one most of them came to when Five was gone and when Ben passed.

"Five came back?" I exclaimed, smiling a little as I had a small crush on the teleporter. Diego nodded, pushing me out the door so he could lock up; with on more peck on the cheek, I left for my car to head home. Once at my door, I turned the lights on to see a young Five sitting on my couch with his hand on the switch of a nearby lamp.

"Five? How did you get in here? I live on the fifth floor," I wondered, looking out the back window to see it closed. My job entailed a great deal that made me very well off as I worked for a very rich woman as her secretary; it was a penthouse with the newest furniture and a very large front window overlooking the city.

"Rapists can climb and so can I." He looked me over, "you grew up to be very beautiful."

"Thank you, Five. Can I get you anything?" I asked, placing my stuff in the bedroom.

"Just a sandwich, thanks." Giggling, I went to the kitchen and brought out the marshmallows, peanut butter, and bread to make his favourite food. As I cooked, Five shuffled around the couch while watching me sway from side to side as I hummed a small tune.

"Dolores was right, I can trust you." My heart panged slightly at the sound of another woman's name. In retrospect, I am older than he is now and it was a long time ago but I still loved him.

"Who?" I asked, turning with a plate in hand and a smile on my face. Taking the sandwich, he relayed everything that happened when he had left that day and where he had been for the past few years. "So, the world is ending and you're fifty-eight?"

"Yep, now we only have eight days to stop it. I need your help, (y/n)." Five rested his hand on mine, looking into my eyes with hope as I nodded. Smiling widely, he wrapped his arms around my shoulders in a tight hug which I slowly returned. "Thank you, (y/n). Thank you."

"Not a problem, Five. Now, how about we get some sleep, yeah?" With a yawn, Five nodded and headed to my room to get ready for bed.