Mort Rainey x Reader ~ Not Helping

(Y/N) POV

The soft sound of waves was calm in the late afternoon, I sat on a rocking chair in an enclosed porch of a very disreputable writer's home. A cool breeze moved the trees from the small lake where the cabin sat in the late fall in a very colourful forest; a small golden puppy sat curled up in my lap as I hummed a small mindless tune.

"FUCK!!" screamed a voice from inside the house. Bolting from the chair, Chico and I ran inside, up the stairs, and next to a man slumped over his laptop with a cigarette in his hand. I walked behind the chair he sat in and read what he had written on the screen. I placed my hands on the keyboard and typed a couple of lines that I thought would roll well with what Mort Rainey had thought of.

"Does this help, love?" I wondered, kissing his head and sitting in the chair by a small window overlooking a garden of corn and flowers. Mort read over the few words I had written then bounded over to me, resting his face on my stomach as he hugged me tightly.

"Thank you!" he exclaimed, kissing my cheek and going back to his story with his fingers madly typing. Chuckling, I kissed his cheek and headed back down the stairs to sit on the well-loved couch with my Oscar Wilde book in hand.

A couple of hours went by and my need for attention started to grow. Mort didn't like to be disturbed when writing but when the urge to snuggle my loved one came around, I threw caution to the wind. Sneaking up the stairs, I slowing wrapped my arms around his shoulders while he sat in his chair in thought.

"Oh, hey, (y/n)," he breathed, shifting in his chair to sit up. I hummed, looking over his shoulder to see ten more pages add and an unfinished sentence staring up at Mort. Writer's block again, perfect. Slowly, I turned his chair to face me so I could sit on his lap and look at him properly. I leaned down and kissed him gently, snuggling my face into his neck and twirling his unkept brown-blond hair between my fingers. "You're not helping, (y/n)."

"I know," I mumbled into his neck as I kissed in softly. With a small sigh in defeat, Mort relaxed and wrapped his arms around my waist as we both started to drift off to sleep with Chico watching out the window at the garden as the cool breeze made them sway.