Sherlock x Reader ~ Unnaturally Natural

(Y/N) POV

John had left a few hours ago, heading home to Mary and Rosie, leaving me in 221b alone with nothing but my book and a good cup of tea. Only an hour had passed before the door to the living room swung open violently to reveal a very bloody Sherlock Holmes holding a large spear-like object.

"What's this world coming to, (y/n)?" mumbled Sherlock to himself as he headed for the bathroom, signalling me to follow with his free hand. Sighing, I put my book down and followed, watching as he rested the spear on the wall by the mirror before sitting on the closed toilet in wait. I walked to the cupboards and retrieved the first aid kit to start fixing any wounds he might have.

"What was it this time, love?" I asked, wiping away the blood from his hands and face. He shook his head, watching me carefully as I patched up a cut on his left hand. We had been dating for a few months now so, I've had time to adjust to the strange hobbies of this consulting detective.

"Does what I do not bother you?" he asked, breaking the comfortable silence that had taken over this room as we were in each other's company.

"No, not really. I've grown quite used to it by now and I'm starting to enjoy the weirdness of it all. Besides, I think we complete each other in an unnatural way." I smiled, seeing a clean familiar face that I loved with all my heart. Sherlock hummed, leaving to get dressed into some clean clothes and find a place for his new trinket. I followed him; leaning against the doorframe, I gazed at him with wonder, trying to figure out how his mind worked.

"I think you'll find it quite hard to understand me. You'd have to disregard your feelings first," he smirked as he turned to face me dressed in his purple dress shirt.

"I might find that hard since you seem to have stolen them," I teased, resting my hands on his chest. I pecked his cheek before dragging him to the couch where a pot of tea sat and a nice warm blanket rested. "I think, after all that, you might need some cuddles if I deduced correctly."

"You have. You seem to be gaining some deductive powers of your own." With a smile, I sat down on the couch and watched as he did the same. Pulling the blanket across us both, he rested his arm on my shoulders as I drank my tea and began to fall asleep.

"I... love you, (y/n)."

"See? That wasn't too hard now was it?" I teased, smiling up at him tiredly.

"Hmm."

"I love you too, Sherlock."