Connor x M!Reader ~ Distract For Snuggles

(Y/N) POV

Sumo and I sat in the living room watching the news about our Detroit police doing their jobs wrong. They were trying their best but reporters like to twist the truth. The sound of car doors slamming came from outside before keys rustled in the door and Connor stepped past the threshold. Sumo jumped up and rushed to him, greeting him happily as Connor bent down to pet him with a sad smile. I peered behind me to see that Hank wasn't with the android, which wasn't that strange but today seemed off.

"Hey, babe. How was work?" I asked, turning back to the TV and changing it to a random sports channel. Connor wrapped his arms around my shoulders and kissed my temple with a sigh; I knew that sigh all too well. "Where's Hank?"

"He said he had something to do." Connor walked into the kitchen and opened up his laptop that was sitting on the table. Reaching into his coat, Connor pulled out a file folder with... Gavin's name on it. It appears that Gavin gave Connor his work again; this had become a daily occurrence ever since the revolution.

"Still working?" Connor hummed, typing away furiously. "I'm going to make dinner; can I enter the kitchen?" Once again, he hummed while typing. Getting up from the couch, I went to the fridge and picked out the things I needed. As I chopped and sliced, the itch to distract the detective became more and more powerful to the point I had to put down the pepper I was chopping to wipe my hands and hatch a plan to tease Connor.

"Baaaaabe? What-cha doing?" I asked, placing my head on his shoulder. He paused his typing to let me read his screen before working again; with a sigh, I placed my hands over his eyes, earning a groan from him.

"(y/n) please, I have to get this done."

"No, you don't! Gavin can do his own fucking work, I'm more important!" I whined, shutting the laptop and straddling my boyfriend with a pout. He chuckled, resting his hands on my hips as he looked up into my eyes; I leaned down and kissed his lips, smiling as I had won.

"What about dinner?" Connor asked in between kisses. I shrugged and pulled him to the couch to snuggle; he sat in the corner and let me lean my back onto his broad chest with his arms around my waist. Sumo, being the good boy that he is, jumped up and rested on my lap with a huff. I think we fell asleep there as we woke up to Hank screaming about the now useless veggies on the counter.