15: DELUGE

Jeonghan slowly removed Eunha's hands on him and directly started walking to their direction without leaving her eyes.

Her heart raced. She wants to look away but something's making her endure his especially when he's crossing the street with cars going back and forth like the road is made for him to walk on. He seemed not to care that he's walking across the road with the green lights on.

Those eyes seemed a lot like an eagle — piercing as he walked like a lion stalking a prey and she felt like a sacrificial lamb.

And then something screeched, and someone shouted. But Jeonghan didn't spare them a single glance. He just kept walking.

Seriously? What was he doing?! Is he not afraid of being bumped by a car or what?

"Hey! That was close!" Nauen exclaimed when a car almost hit him.

"Is the President coming towards us?" Mina drunkenly asked Nauen.

"He knew that we work on his hospital, right?" Nauen asked her but she didn't have the time to answer her because Jeonghan arrived in front of them.

"Hi, Sir!" Mina greeted him but his eyes only passed through her friends.

"You're not at home." He said to her. She can't read his face. But Jae Kyung knew he's not happy of what he's witnessing.

"Home?" She heard Nauen whispered before turning to her. "Home?!"

She didn't mind her. She could already work out what she's thinking, and as if she just heard her question on her head.

He's the one who bought your house?!

She looked at Eunha on the opposite side of the rod. She was standing there, waiting with her arms crossed. She's wearing a corporate dress.

Shouldn't she be wearing something . . . nice? A regular dress?

And why does she have her hands on Jeonghan's tie and chest? It looked okay to her. It's not even crumpled. Does that include on her job description as a lawyer?

"We're on our way home. You can go back there now." She said to Jeonghan. She clamped the irritation rising inside her. She's getting more irritated because she can't control her emotions when she sees Jeonghan together with Eunha.

"Videoke bar, huh?" She heard Jeonghan muttered. He was looking behind her and his face turned darker. Then he's eyes flew to Mina, who was barely standing awake beside Nauen and he's mouth thinned.

Is it a crime to go out with friends now? She wants to ask him that, but their in front of her friends. And she's aware of Nauen's curious stare.

And why does it turns out that she's the one violating some rules? He was the one who's caught doing something. She just had a girl's night out. They just sang their hearts out, and got out with their broken hearted friend.

He suddenly got something out his pocket and clicked something. "My car's parked ahead of you. Get on there."

"Uhm . . ." Nauen's eyes kept on roaming around from her then to Jeonghan while Mina's mumbling incoherent words beside her.

She shook her head. "No need for that. We'll just call a cab. Mina's residence is quite a drive from here."

She called her friends to keep moving. But she felt Jeonghan's warm and heavy hand on her arm. Nauen's brow rose at her while trying not to give out a giggle.

"Get in the car." Jeonghan firmly told her. And he was expecting her to obey him.

A scent drifted in the air. It's very inviting. Like something's mixing on her stomach, even if she didn't had any alcohol.