29: GLITCH

"We can customize your furniture if you want. We can do that, and I think it would be great. It would be unique, right? What do you think?"

Jae Kyung nodded at Chae Yeong's suggestion. "It's a great idea. But won't it be more expensive if that's the case?"

"Actually, it's not. I will make sure it will not reach your maximum target expense." Chae Yeong smiled at her. "You really don't want Jeonghan to spend much. If I were you, I won't mind spending money. You can always have it back. And knowing Jeonghan, he won't mind the bill."

But she still doesn't want to spend money too much. If it can, she just wants to use the cheapest items. But still, she would prefer those with good quality.

"I will give the total expenses of the two to you soon; if you're going to go for the customized or stick with the ready-made."

Jae Kyung just nodded while watching the people around her. Some were painting the walls white; some are fixing the restaurant's bar counter.

She's starting her own restaurant. Though she should feel excited about all of this, but her mind was running backwards from the moment she woke up from the hospital until now. And she can't help but think of Jeonghan's very furious face on their first meeting.

Then her chest would start to ache.

She knows from the start that Jeonghan badly wants revenge. He was so angry at her that he could trap her into this.

But in reality, what's happening is a catch to her. She has Jeonghan now. And everytime she thought about what he said when he wanted to take her back, it was bending her knees. What she did to Jeonghan was beyond forgiveness, but he still accepted her again.

He hated her . . . yet he was still willing to let the past go and accept her.

"Oh, Jeonghan!"

She could clearly hear how her heart rammed on her chest. Her throat suddenly hurt. She hasn't seen or talked to Jeonghan since this morning, and facing him with her renowned memories was a tough thing to do.

She turned to face him and smiled at him when she saw his eyes on her even if he's talking to Chae Yeong.

Something has changed. She can feel it. Looking at Jeonghan now felt different.

Jeonghan's grin widened even more while he walked towards her. She wished she could smile like that again.

"Hi, sweetheart." Jeonghan whispered with his smoldering eyes as he snaked an arm around her slim waist and pulled her against him to snatch a quick kiss on her lips.

She then rolled back to zero on her self-balance.

"You should've called." She said while he's tucking some strands of hair behind her ear.

He smiled. "Well, I like surprising you. And I wanted to see you soon."

His smile made her heartbeat thump faster. It always did. And now, it made her want to cry too. He's with her again. She's with her husband again.

He scanned the whole place and softly cursed. "This place is too crowded." He suddenly whispered.

"They're already starting to do the works."

His mouth firmed. Chae Yeong was there on their side while talking to a contractor. She doesn't know why he's suddenly irritated again.

"Are you okay?"

He stared at he exposed shoulders. She's wearing an off shoulder white top and a black ripped jeans. It's already summer that's why she's wearing that.