25: TAUNT

WARNING: Strict Parental Guidance is advised.

Strictly for mature reader.

"You're alone."

Jae Kyung turned to the woman who suddenly came beside her. She already knew it was Eunha. She could already smell her from the distance. Her scent was just too bothering to her. Or her nose is just sensitive to the fragrance she's using?

"Where's Jeonghan?" She asked out of interest.

She looked at the long sleeved gown she's wearing. It was a very simple cut. It covered everything in the front. But it was a trick, because it was a fierce backless dress that showed her spine.

"He's just talking with someone." She said and curtly smiles at her.

Jeonghan doesn't really want to leave her, but because of a private client that wants to talk to him, she forced him to let her stay at the hall. But before he could let her go, Jeonghan made sure that some of his siblings are around her like Vernon and Seungkwan. But her guards still aren't back when they asked permission to leave to get a drink.

"How's the restaurant coming?" Eunha asked conversationally as she sipped her cocktail drink.

"Everything's fine." Jae Kyung hugged herself and tried not to recoil away from her scent. She could already feel the telltale sign of headache coming into her.

An awkward silence passed. As much as she wanted to start a conversation, she can't. She can't think about what to talk about, even if its trivial subjects. She just doesn't feel like talking to her.

"I noticed your ring earlier." She suddenly said. "Why'd you take it off?"

Her forehead creased. Why was she asking that question? Does she have to answer to her?

Her eyes roamed around the people inside the place. "Personal reason."

"I know Jeonghan is trying to patch up things between the two of you. And I'm actually surprised that he's willing to go back from where you left off . . ."

Jae Kyung kept her eyes trained on to the woman playing the piano on the stage and remained calm. She knows where their talk is going.

"He was very heartbroken when you left him . . . I was there. I've seen him. That's why I know you would understand why I am so surprised about his decision. As his best friend, I don't think what he's doing is a good idea. If it was me, it would be hard to trust you again."

She turned to her and gave her a cynical smile even if her head is starting to throb. "Well then, I'm relieved that you're not Jeonghan."

"What?"

"You know, Eunha, it's not impossible for a person to change. And I believe that everyone deserves a second chance." She said. "I don't know what happened, on why I left him before. But I think that was my biggest mistake . . . letting him go. That's why I don't want to waste this second chance my husband has given to me. I won't let him go again this time."

She could clearly see how Eunha's jaws clenched and how her eyes narrowed. Maybe she doesn't like her words, but she could care less. She wanted to push her away.

"It's fine with me if you don't trust me. It's your own opinion. But for me, it's only Jeonghan's trust that matters. He wanted me back, and he will have me again. As what they said, love is sweeter the second time around?" She let go of a victorious smile. "Our marriage will be even sweeter this time."

She kept her satisfied smile as she watched Eunha drank the rest of her drink. She doesn't know where her words came from or her confidence on saying them, but, darn! It felt good!