45: HIT

(I'm hell sure everyone's gonna hate the btch in this story because why not? That's her role in here. So anyways, here's another update. Enjoy~! xx)

She stepped out of the bathroom with her head floating, her brain processing what was happening ― what was about to come.

She sat down on the toilet bowl and Jae Kyung stared at the red lines on the pregnancy test stick that's on her hand. After a while, while she's breathing deep, she just stared at it until she felt her heartbeat rose, and her own breathing too.

She looked at the box again and read the directions and indications. One red line means negative. Two means she's pregnant. It was clear.

And she was staring at two red lines.

She took a deep breath one after another. She knew what this could mean. And she was already getting her hopes up high again, even when it was just her first try.

God! This is really happening . . . She's pregnant . . . She's having a baby!

She woke up a while ago not being herself, with a plastic bag full of pregnancy test kit she bought from the pharmacy; she walked around like a dead air, a balloon that floats wandering around the room. That's what she mostly feel when she woke up.

But as she looked at herself now, sitting down in front of her vanity mirror — as she stared on her face, in her eyes, Jae Kyung could see the light. The faint glow enkindling the death of her spirit. Herself.

She closed her eyes and took a moment to say her thanks. God is good. Maybe this is the replacement of what she lost. A new chance to be a mother. To right her mistake. To take another chance.

Another Asher Rain . . .

No. She can't replace Asher in her life. Asher Rain existed and she couldn't just pretend that he didn't. He lived and he will always be her angel up above. But this baby she will have . . . this will be her key to a life that she didn't had the chance to have before.

She opened her eyes when she remembered Jeonghan. He said he didn't want kids. But maybe he changed his mind, right? He just said those things because he though Asher was Rafael's. But last night, she vaguely remembers what he said.

But on how he looks at that thing, whether he changed his mind or he didn't want to have a family yet . . . she needs to tell him.

She wouldn't make the same mistake twice. He's the father and he has the right to know. But . . . would he be thrilled just as how thrilled she feels?

Feeling hyped and lifted, she decided to cook that lunch for Jeonghan. She could always bring the food at his office later, and maybe tell him the news?

She was at that state of mind when Lin entered the kitchen with the telephone on her hand.

"Ma'am, you have a call."

She happily took the phone from her, not even asking who it was. "Hello?"

"Good morning, Ma'am Jae Kyung." The person from the other line greeted her. She immediately recognized Jeongyeon's voice.

"You're applicants are ready. Mr. Yoon already arranged everything for you and all you have to do is to choose. This after is the schedule for their interview and demo."

Her forehead creased when she remembered her talk with Jeonghan about the schedule of the interview. She was so emotionally unstable that's why it passed her thinking.

"Sure, I'll be there." She said and gave Lin the spatula to let her stir what she's cooking.

She checked her watch when she finished the call and saw that it is already past eleven in the morning. She still has two hours before the first interview starts. She hurriedly took a bath and change so she could be at the restaurant earlier.