18: HEED

"There's still ice cream on the fridge. You should go and get it."

She eyed Mina and Nauen confusedly as she took a bite on her slice of pizza. They brought her boxes of pizza, balloons, a birthday cake, and gifts.

She's actually very surprised that they made an effort to celebrate her birthday, even if it's just next week.

She then grabbed another slice of pizza. "How did you two get in?" She asked. She locked the house before she left, right?

Nauen came out of the kitchen with glasses on her hands. "Your gate is open. We thought you're here since the frontdoor's not also locked."

"The door's not locked?!"

Shit! She forgot about it again!

The last time it happened, she received a call from Jae Shin. Their were police officers outside their house because the security alarm went on ringing. She left their gate and frontdoor open that day that they almost lost their belongings into a robbery case.

Her sisters were really angry at her then. That's five months after she went for her therapy and she immediately looked for a job. But until now, she's still forgetting about it. Good thing that it's not someone who has bad intentions.

"Where have you been that you left your house all open?" Nauen asked while pouring some softdrinks on the glasses.

"I was in a hurry a while ago that I forgot about it. Wait, you don't have clinics today?" It's Saturday and they always have clinics, even on Sundays.

"We asked for a day-off today from Dr. D. instead of next week. You know how hectic the hospital becomes everytime there's a free medical service."

"And it's going to be held next week." Mina said then sighed.

The Carat Medical Center's Free Medical Mission week is a grand event for the hospital, it's always held twice a year. And she can understand her friends' sentiments. Next week will be a war.

"Dr. D really agreed to give you a day off?"

"It's shocking isn't it?" Nauen said while chuckling. "Other breaks used to have schedules. But you know her. She doesn't agree on day offs easily. We still need to pass through needles because of that witch."

Mina threw Nauen a glance while gigling. "Nice word there, Nauen. Witch, really?"

"Why? Isn't she actually one? Honestly, she's more than that."

She shook her head at the two. She thought the new about her being out with Jeonghan at the mall would reach the two. Gossips fly faster than wind, and when that news didn't reach her friends' ears, then it could've gotten to reach Dr. D.

"But thank you for this, hmm."

Nauen waved her hands on her face. "Oh c'mon! This is nothing."

"Agreed. It's your birthday that's why we need to do something for it."

"But isn't this to much for us?" The food is too much for just three people.

She saw how Mina and Nauen looked at each other when the doorbell rang as if they're already expecting it to happen.

Jae Kyung frowned. Were they expecting someone?

"I'll take it, Jae. Just take your seat."

She turned to Mina. "You invited someone?"

She shrugged and continued eating her ice cream while smiling. Who did these two called to be with them? It's impossible that Nauen could contact her old friends.