27: PARIS FRANCE

Rafael Leroux.

That was the man's name Jeonghan thought she cheated with. A chef and a lawyer – Rafael Leroux. The man she met and became friends with in France.

Jae Kyung felt the pain on her chest when she felt the vacant space beside her. It's been two hours since Jeonghan left for work. And she acted as if she's still asleep while he's busy dressing up.

She could feel him watching her while he moved around the room, as if waiting for her to wake up and open her eyes. But she can't just face him after she remembered everything. Her conscience is swallowing her up. Until she felt him gave her a soft kiss on the forehead and his finger that was caressing her parted lips as his own form of saying goodbye.

How did she leave her husband before? How did she give up on their marriage?

Jeonghan loved her. Crazy and deep. Without inhibition and beyond limitation.

After knowing him for a few months, he already had her heart. Just like how she fell on him back then.

Now, she understands why her memories were hidden after her accident. She didn't want to remember . . . she pushed her memories away. She doesn't want to remember the mistakes he did to Jeonghan. The time she left him and on how she chose her dreams instead of their marriage.

Jeonghan was right all along. She betrayed his trust, trampled on his faith on her, and she threw away his love — all because of her ambition. She left with Rafael thinking she could reach her dreams to be a well-known chef and lawyer. That she could let her Father see that her dreams won't bring her to the bad side.

It was her fault. She shut her memories out. But the shattering experience of making love with Jeonghan was enough to knock her defenses down, and whether she was ready or not, the last barriers of her resistance had crumbled down and she finally caved in.

It was a Valentine's Day. Jae Kyung could remember now with extreme vividness. It was during the day of hearts when she met Jeonghan.

She was at France for a week after she left Korea. After she ran away from home.

After all the talks she had with her father about her flying to another country, it was the time when finished working at their hospital for a year and a month. Because somehow, her father had feared that she would leave them.

Because her father knows how she values her own dreams.

Growing up with her sisters hating her and her father limiting her space, she had nothing to feel happy about. Only cooking and studying law. That's where she felt her mother's presence.

Her mom loved cooking. That's what their father told her. She dreamed of being a Chef. But when she married her father, she sacrificed that dream.

His father was an orphan and money didn't come easy for him during his childhood. He worked day and night even when he was a student and he suffered a lot of sacrifices and hard work in becoming a successfully rich man. That's why when he reached the peak of success, he dreamed of a good life for his family. He always told her that story, that he never wanted poverty to touch his children.

He wants to give her Mom everything, he doesn't want her to work and get tired.

He thought her mother was happy . . . and that's what she thought too.

Until she came across her mother's journal. She accidentally saw it at her father's office. His father made her believe her mother was happy when the truth was far from it.

Her mom felt alone and discontented because of her unfulfilled dream. She was not happy with her Father restraining her from reaching her dreams.

When she read that, she had her moment of realization — an awakening.