Chapter 76: Tagpuan

Hi guys! We dedicate this chapter para sa mga naghihintay pa rin sa update namin. Thank you so much guys!

--

VICKY

Love works in mysterious ways. You will never know how many reasons it will give you to live the life you've been longing for to be truly happy, that it will bring someone whom you can lean on at times of catastrophes.

However, love coud be challenging, surprising you with a sudden lost of the love of your life or a great tempest that will destroy two people's relationship.

Yet love is still beautiful, it could bring back the light on your broken bulb, and could even make it brighter than the stars in the sky.

Noon, lagi kong tinatanong ang mga magulang ko kung ano ba ang Love.

Pero "You, baby." ang laging sinasagot nila. "Dahil ikaw ang bunga nito."

I asked them again.. but this time, magkaibang sagot ang natanggap ko.

"Love is when you're going to give up everything for the happiness of someone that you love, " my mom said.

But I clearly remembered what my father have said.

"Love is when it gives you someone who will stay with you forever. No matter what happens."

"Someone who will stay forever.." I whispered and a line of smile drawn to my lips.

I looked at my reflection on the mirror.

Bigla kong nakita ang Vicky na nasa Chicago. Naglalakad sa kalye habang tinitignan ang mga magagandang disenyo ng mga buildings. How I missed to be a happy-go-lucky girl.

Then, ang Vicky na nasa office niya sa Marcial Imports, nagbabasa ng mga reports na nagsasabing pabagsak na ang kanilang kumpanya. Nakakunot siya at sobrang stressed kaya napangiti ako. Hindi ko akalaing ang pangit ko pala kapag nai-stress.

At ang Vicky na nagmamakaawa sa isang lalaking akala niya walang puso.

"Unfortunately, he's..."

The time when I heard these words from the doctors who attended Gabriel, my whole body shiver and about to shutdown.

But, the smile from the chief doctor confused things.

"I'm so sorry Ms. Marcial if you misheard us. What I'm about to say to Dr. Franche is that, unfortunately my son has a girlfriend already." Dr. Saycon explained when they reached me.

"How's Gabriel, doctors?" I asked them furiously.

"His vitals are now stable. The operation went well. He's strong Ms. Marcial. If not because of his will to be alive, he's already gone before he gets here. He maybe made you a promise, my wild guess?" Dr. Franche, the chief surgeon of the hospital and one of the best surgeons in the country, said and asked.

He kept his promise. He fought for his life. He fought for our love's second chance.

"Pwede ko na po ba syang makita?"

Dr. Franche smiled then slowly nodded. I thanked him first bago ako dumiretso na sa kwarto ni Gabriel.

Hindi ko alam pero naiiyak ako. Makakasama ko pa si Gabriel. Salamat sa Diyos at binigyan Niya pa kami ng panibagong pagkakataon.

I held the doorknob, my heart beating fast.

I slowly opened the door, seeing the room's white walls, then the white blanket and the handsome man lying on the bed with eyes closed.