Chapter 5: A Nightmare

GABRIEL

How did she got my locket? Are we in the same plane? Imposible. Or maybe she was in NAIA somewhere. Pero imposible. I have to know. I need to find a way to give her a return for what she did. It was the most important thing to me because it is the last memory of my mom.

I took a look again to the profile of Marcials.

"She is the daughter of Mr. Rafael Marcial." I muttered.

I tried to remember kung saan ko siya nakita. Exactly! I saw him last birthday party of Tito Enrique noong nandito pa ko sa Pilipinas.

I got a bright idea. I will call Tito Enrique to contact Rafael Marcial.

Calling Tito Enrique

"Hello Riel, napatawag ka?"

"Hi Tito, kilala niyo po si Mr. Rafael Marcial, right?"

(Yes. Why? Is there anything wrong?)

"No, no. Its just that I want to have a partnership with him. You know Tito, I-It's a business proposal."

(Are you sure? They're near to bancruptcy and their creditors are running up to their personal properties.)

"Yeah, yeah, I know Tito. That's why I want to help them. And besides, he was one of my father's colleagues."

(Okay, I will set a meeting with him. And I will call you back s soon as possible.)

"Thanks Tito. Bye."

I pressed the end call button.

--
VICKY

I don't know what I'm going to do with the company. Hindi ko na alam kung papaano isasalba ang kumpanya. Naloloka na ko ha. Lahat na ginawa ko, wala pa rin! Stress na stress na beauty ko!

I did encourage my employees. I called all available suppliers and even creditors are resisting to my loan proposals.

Hinahabol na rin kami ng ilang creditors. Why is this happening to the company?

Kailangan kong mapapayag ang Papa at Mama na magbakasyon muna sa States para hindi sila ma-stress sa mga nangyayari.

I stood up and went to their room.

I knocked on the door.

"Come in."

"Hi Pa, hi Ma." Bati ko and I kissed them on their cheeks.

"Bakit gising ka pa? Hindi ka ba napagod kanina?" mom said.

"It's okay. I want to know if you agreed to my offer. At tsaka kailangan niyo din ng pahinga. It's your time to enjoy the rest of your life."

"Pero hindi ka namin pwedeng iwan dito nang basta-basta. Mahirap mag-manage ng nag-iisa." tutol ng Papa.

"I'm okay. I can do it myself. I promise, gagawin ko ang lahat-lahat maisalba lang ang kumpanya." I said teary-eyed. I wiped the tears falling on my cheeks with tha back of my palm.

My mom caressing my back and it made my chest lighter from crying. I composed myself before I speak a word.

"I know you had spent a lot of  time and effort for this company. And---and to my studies and.... and to...my life. That's why I need to work hard as a return." I almost hardlty breathe.

"It's okay, honey. We did this because it is our responsibility to give you a good life. We don't expect any return of it. But all we want is to continue what we had started." Papa finally answered.