Chapter 17

"Dia! Eliminate these motherfuckers!" Kat shouted as soon as he landed with the rest of our points. I nodded, knowing exactly what he meant. I forced a bit of rock out of the ground, making the person in front trip, sending the rider plummeting to the ground. "Now! The fuck are Deku and Todoroki?!" Kat shouted just as Present Mic began counting down. I mouthed the word 'sorry' to the team I assaulted as we passed them by. "NO MERCY FROM TEAM BAKUGOU!" Present Mic shouted as we barrelled in the direction of Shouto and Mido. Unfortunately, before we got there, time ran out. Bakugou dismounted and threw a hissy fit on the ground when our team was announced as second place. "Hey! It's team Shinsou?!" Shinsou? I thought, immediately turning my head at the mention of the familiar name. "Somethin' wrong, D?" Kirishima asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. "No, just.... Looking fo-..." I trailed off as my eyes lit up upon seeing the familiar mess of purple hair. Oh... He was already looking at me... I thought as he immediately averted his gaze when we met eyes. "Looking for...?" Kiri asked, leaning over my shoulder and following my gaze. "Ah are you lookin' at that weird purple haired kid?" He asked, leaning on my shoulder, flicking his wrist ever so slightly to point at the said boy. I slightly glared at him out of the corner of my eye, making him flinch. "Don't you dare insult Hitoshi like that. How unmanly of you Kiri. Talking bad about someone you know nothing about." I said angrily as I crossed my arms. His body stiffened a bit at my words. His mouth opened, but no sounds came out; his lips moved, but no words formed. "I was going to eat lunch with you, but I guess you would think I'm too weird to hang out with considering he's a good friend of mine." I sneered as I shook his arm off my shoulder. "D! Dia! Wait! I didn't- " I walked away from him in Shinsou's direction. It's not that I hated Kiri now. I just hated when people talked bad about ShinShin since I knew his struggle. I jogged after his lonesome figure, hoping I wouldn't be disturbing him. I hugged him tightly from behind, ceasing his next step. He let out a small sigh before ever so slightly turning his head. "Long time no see... Dia." He said lowly. I could practically hear the smirk in his voice. "Let's go eat lunch together ShinShin."

~

Shinsou was laughing loudly at dumb joke I was making with chopsticks in my nose and I was laughing at his laugh so we just looked like two lunatics. "Ah you haven't changed at all, Dia." Shinsou sighed as he wiped a tear from his eye. I smiled at the red-faced boy after catching my breath. "Neither have you. So how've things been?" I asked, resting my head in my palms. He looked away, rubbing the back of his head. "You know, same as always. The world is on some bull and I've made it my duty to strive from it." I gave a small mock applause, making him chuckle a bit. "But to tell the truth, I haven't been holding up so well since uh..... Since...." He bit his lip, trying to stop his voice from quivering. Finally, he let out a sigh and was able to meet eyes with me. "Since the accident. You all were like my second family. The only other people who didn't make me feel like a villain and- ." Shinsou reached across the table and held my hand. "Sorry for bringing it up while we were having such a nice time." He sighed, wiping pricking tears with his free arm before they could fall. I squeezed his hand. "It's Ok. I've been able to hold it together for this long and..... And I'll help you do the same." I replied with a small smile. He tensed up under my gaze before getting up and coming to my side of the table to embrace me. "Damn, I've missed you." He whispered. I hugged him back in a comforting manor. "Ditto." I said lowly. "Um, Dia?" I turned at the sound of the familiar voice, causing ShinShin to let me go. There stood the albino wonder himself, Rin. "Rin? You came!" He just nodded shyly in response, blushing deeply. "I told you I'd be watching. You were amazing out there! Your quirk really is remarkable!" He exclaimed excitedly, looking like a little boy talking about his favorite hero. I smile and exhaled. "Trust me, you've seen nothing yet." I assured before remembering I was with more than one person. "Oh and Rin, meet Shinsou! He's a good friend of mine. Shinsou, meet Rin. He's also a good friend. We were in the same orphanage together." I said in a chipper tone as the two shook hands. "Nice to meet you." Rin greeted with a warm smile. "Yeah, right back at ya." Shinsou said a little boredly. Oh thank God. These two have potential to become at least acquaintances. I thought in relief as they carried a conversation.

~

Whilst Lady Midnight explained what was gonna happen, Ojiro raised his hand and made it known he didn't want to participate. He was one Shinsou's team wasn't he? I thought after listening to his reasoning. Shortly after, another kid forfeit. "What innocent words. I... Like them!" Lady Midnight said while cracking her whip. "I accept Shouda and Ojiro's resignation!" She shouted with a grin. Members of team TetsuTetsu took their place and the pairings were made. I was going against the stomach laser kid, Mido was going against Shinsou, Kat was fighting Gravity Girl, Shouto was fighting the tape guy, Momo was fighting Tokoyami, Kiri was fighting TetsuTetsu, and Legs was going against inspector gadget. I smirked at the pairings and let out a sigh. This should be a breeze. I thought as I put my hands behind my head. "You're getting cocky, aren't you?" Shinsou said as he nudged me with his elbow. I looked up at him with raised eyebrows. "What? You always put your hands behind your head when you get cocky." He said with a devious expression. "I do?" I asked, tilting my head a bit. He just nodded in response and looked away. You still know me too well, ShinShin. I thought with a smile as we dispersed so that the extra activities could commence. When I stepped into my waiting room, the lights were off. Someone's in here.... But there's no malice in the air. So if I turn on the light... I won't get hurt. I thought before flipping the said switch to see someone right in front of me on one knee with flowers and food. "Kirishima?"