Chapter 24

My phone began to ring and my uncle almost immediately perked up. As I looked at the caller ID, he leaned over to see who it was. I rolled my eyes at him. Unknown number? Who's calling at this time? I thought, answering the phone despite my uncle signalling for me not to. "D-dia? I... I need your help." Iida said with a trembling voice. "Iida! Where are you?! I'll be right there!" I said, immediately standing up. "I-I'm at Hosu General Hospital. Ple-" Before he even finished the sentence, I hung up. Before All Might even had a chance to respond or react I was out the door barefoot. I leapt into the air and used my quirk to fly at the highest speed possible. I turned into a Peregrine falcon, carrying my clothes in my beak as I flew 200 miles an hour. I've never heard anyone so shaken up and distraught before. I thought, finding the said location.

I quickly turned back to my normal form and put my clothes on the side of the building before entering. I practically ran inside, bursting through the doors to the receptionist. "Um... What room is Iida Tenya in?" I asked. Crossing my fingers that she'd tell me. "And you are?" She asked, giving me the stink eye. "I'm an extremely close friend whose worried about the well being of her comrade." I replied desperately.

She stuck her nose up and looked at me with disgust. "You're lying. You look much too poor to be any kind of friend to a family as high up as the Iidas. And since there are no cameras here there'd be an even bigger risk with letting you up." She sneered, turning her head away from me. I clenched the edge of her desk, breaking the end off. What the fuck does she mean 'as high up as the Iidas'? They're a normal family aren't they? She looked stunned for a moment but quickly collected herself. "You're dismissed, peasant. Don't make me call security." She said in a snobby tone. I rolled my eyes. "You are the scum of society. You little-" I was cut off by a large hand being placed on my head. "I'd appreciate it if you gave my daughter the information that she needs to see her friend." All Might said with unusually serious tone. "D-d-daughter?!" She stuttered, her eyes the size of saucers. "She needs to see her friend. Could you kindly tell us what floor he's on and what room he's in?" He asked in the same serious tone. "Y-yes sir! Eighth floor, room three!" She immediately replied, bowing and apologizing over and over. "Go on ahead kiddo. I'll wait for you at home." All Might said before departing. I nodded then shot up the stairs before the receptionist had time to even blink and was at the eighth floor in no time. Didn't think he was the lying type...

When I burst through the doors panting, I immediately saw a familiar figure sitting on the floor. Iida looked up at me, startled. His usually neat hair was a mess and his worry stricken face was covered in tear stains while his eyes were red and puffy from crying. Seeing him like that shattered my heart. I instinctively knelt beside him and rested his head against my bosom. I caressed his hair gently. "Iida, I don't know what's wrong, but I'm sure everything will turn out alright. Though even if it doesn't, I'm here. I won't let you go." I said softly before I began humming a tune that soon broke into a soft melody.

🎶 I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go
And all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember YOU said don't leave me here alone
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight
Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound
Don't you dare look out your window
Darling everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold on to this lullaby
Even when the music's gone

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I will be safe and sound 🎶

I caressed Iida's hair the entire time I sang. When the song was over, he had composed himself to an extent. "Dia..." He calmly called as his head rested on my bosom. "Yes?" I asked, feeling like a mother. "Can you... May you please.... Sing it again?" He asked, not bothering to look up at me. I smiled softly at the timid request. I'd love to. I thought as I fulfilled the request. Iida grabbed my hand, squeezing it a bit as I sang for him in the hospital hall.

~Time Skip~

"Dia... Why'd you come here on such short notice with no information?" Iida asked, genuinely perplexed. "Because you sounded like you needed someone to be here for you. Besides, what kind of friend would I be not to come?" I replied with a smile. Iida looked up at me with tinted cheeks. "Are you an angel?" He asked, looking at me with an astonished expression. I giggled at the question before looking at him through half lidded eyes. "No. I'm just as human as anyone else." I replied with a smile.

His face turned dark red and he looked away. We sat in silence for a while. I was staring blankly at the floor tiles while Iida leaned against the wall with a contempt expression and pondering eyes. "Dia?" He called after a good ten minutes. I hummed in response. "Do... Do you know about my family?" He asked, looking at me as if he was trying to figure something out. "What about it? Is there something abnormal about it? That receptionist did say something about you guys being 'high up'. Do you know what she meant by that?" I asked, looking at him. He let out a breath through his nose as he smiled softly. "So you have no idea about my family. My last name doesn't ring any bells?" He asked as he looked at me. Iida... Iida... Iida... Sounds kinda like Addida... I shook my head. "Nope. No bells ringing, no one's even knocking." I said blankly. Iida smiled a little wider at my answer. "You really are a great friend, Dia." He said, giving me a warm smile. I smiled back.

We stared at each other for a bit in a moment of awkward silence. "Hey... Who are you here for? If you don't mind me asking." I asked, putting a hand on his trembling ones. "My older brother." He replied, his mood instantly depleting. I felt my heart sink at the news. They must be really close for him to be so broken down... I bet Iida looks up to him. I thought, grabbing his hand gently. "Iid-" "Tenya." He said, cutting me off. I furrowed my brows as he looked down at the floor we were sitting on. "Please... Call me Tenya." He said as he looked me in my eyes.