Chapter 19

I sighed and glanced back at Hitoshi, who was sending me a warning look. I flicked Midoriya's nose, causing him to quickly cover it with a soft "ow". "What you did out there was very wrong. How do you expect to become a hero with that kind of behavior?!" I scolded, forcefully moving his hand and flicking his nose again. He looked down in sincere shame. But I couldn't help but wonder how much of it was really sincere after Mido's episode. I apologized to Hito again, giving him a hug before going back out to watch Shouto's fight. No question on who to route for here. I thought, finding my seat right as Present Mic announced for the fight to start. Sero immediately bound Shouto with tape and attempted to throw him out of bounds, but Shouto froze basically half the arena and then some. Almost freezing the audience to, but somehow managing to avoid it. It took almost thirty seconds for anyone to react since we were all in shock. Well... I was in awe mostly. I hadn't seen him create this large amount of ice within a mere second. Something pissed him off... And the only thing that can really peeve him that much is... Endeavor. I got up to make my way to the icy hot boy as Sparky made his way to his fight. Almost as soon as I walked in the hallway, I bumped into the said man. I froze, my eyes getting lost in the flames that covered his face. I started to hyperventilate as memories of the accident came to mind. "Hey kid!" He shouted with no concern. The exact same way he did when he killed my mother. Heartless. "Kid!" Unworthy. "What happened?!" Monster. "She's having a panic attack!" May your flames consume you. I opened my eyes, gasping for breath. "Dia!" Blinking a few times, I realised the heterochromatic was the one who called my name. "Are you alright?" He asked with great urgency in his voice. I hugged him tightly and kissed his forehead before jumping up. Almost as soon as I got to the stands, my name was announced. Shit! I don't have time to simply run back down! So of course without thinking, I jumped over the railing. I flipped on the way down and landed gracefully on my feet. Crotch laser kid, huh? I thought, walking into the ring with my hands in my pockets. Right when the match started, he fired a laser at me. Yawning, I swiftly side-stepped. I slowly walked towards him, creating roses that broke through the concrete with each step. Thorns gravitated to me from the roses and rapidly flew around me like a tornado. I proceeded to effortlessly dodge his laser as I advanced towards him. Soon I was face to face with him, but he could no longer shoot because his stomach was aching from usage. The thorns that we're flying around me were missing him by a hair. Sweat dripped down his face as he gulped. I put my foot forward as if I we're going to take a step, earning a sea gasps from the crowd. Instinctively, my opponent stepped back and tripped over a vine I'd grown behind him; ultimately falling out of bounds. I looked down at the boy as he sighed in relief for not getting impaled when Present Mic announced my victory. After dropping the thorns, I offered my hand to the defeated boy. He looked up at me and mumbled something under the roar of the crowd. Although I didn't hear it, I was grateful he allowed me to help him up. That was an easy win. I thought while exiting the arena. "Hey Dia! Congrats on your match!" Gravity girl said, passing me at the arena entrance. I could tell she was extremely nervous just by her stance. Oh yeah she's fighting Kat... I put a hand on her shoulder, making her jump. "You'll do great, I'm sure of it." I firmly reassured, seemingly calming her nerves a bit. She nodded in response, continuing to the arena. She'll do fine. I thought, walking past the stands. "Dia? You're not going to watch?" Mido asked, perking up. I shook my head before motioning to the hall. "I'm going to meet a friend." I said nonchalantly. His expression darkened and a malevolent aura surrounded him. "What kind of friend? Are you avoiding me Dia-chan?" He asked through gritting teeth. "Eh? No I'm not avoiding you. I just haven't seen this friend in a while Mido, even you should understand." I stressed. Damn that caught me off guard. I thought, scratching my head. "Then I'm going with you." He stated, closing his journal and standing up. I shrugged and continued on my way to meet Rin. It's about time Mido met Rin anyways... I thought, rereading the text the albino male had sent me.

Rin 🎩

Hey Yuki, great fight! Meet me near the front of the building, I want to give you something to congratulate you! 😘

Wonder what he's gonna give me....