Chapter 42

I felt my body floating through nothingness. A saw a small light in front of me. "Aww my precious little girl~ look at how much you've grown!" My mother said, her form floating towards me. She cupped my face in her hands and smiled down at me. "It's as if I'm looking at my own reflection." She said with a soft smile. "Can we go to the light now mom?" I asked, gesturing to the bright light behind her where I saw golden pearly gates that were open wide. She shook her head and hugged me tight. "No, baby. You still have a child to take care of and a life to live." She said before shoving me backwards down some kind of tunnel. "I love you." She said, her voice fading as I fell further and further.

~

The sound of a heart monitor rang in my ears as the smell of quarantine filled my nostrils. I slowly opened my eyes, feeling tears fall. I was pretty drained upon waking, but got a shot of adrenaline when I realized where I was. Hospital! I'm in a hospital... I'm alive! I thought, snapping my eyes open and jolting up. I had two cords connected to my body. One was a food tube and the other was an IV. I also had a breathing machine on my face. I immediately regretted my decision to shoot straight up, but my need to find Eri was more important than whatever my body was going through. The training Chisaki put me through prepared me to take things like this as if it was nothing. And to me right now, it really felt like nothing compared to everything I've been through. My mother... She told me I had a child to take care of... And that's exactly what I'm gonna do. "Ah! Take it easy, Dia-Chan!" A familiar voice said. Mido put his hands on my shoulders and slowly pushed me back down. A wave of memories flooded back into my mind upon his touch. I remember him... Midoriya Izuku...aka Mido Mido... I still need to find Eri though. "If you're worried about Eri, she's alright. She's just a bit tuckered out and needs time to rest." Mirio said from beside Mido with a smile and a thumbs up. I sighed in relief and allowed my body to relax. "Is everyone else ok?" I asked, taking the breathing mask off and pulling the tubes out of my arm. "D-Dia-chan! You shouldn't do that! You need time to recover!" Mido said as I swung my feet over the edge of the bed. I ignored him and got off the bed slowly, finding my balance. "Please, take me to Eri." I requested, bowing as low as I could. After some hesitation, Mido and Mirio finally complied. Mirio hurried over to me and looped our arms so I could have something to lean on as I walked. "Thanks." I said with a nod. "Anything for someone who saved my life." Mirio-senpai replied with a warm smile. I looked away, feeling my heart pound at the gesture. Such a pure human being like Mido... Oh my god they're multiplying! My heart can't take it! I thought as we arrived at a room. Mido slowly opened the door and walked in. I followed close behind to be nearly tackled with a hug, Mirio-senpai right behind me to stop my fall. "Mommy! You're ok! I'm sorry, mommy! Y-you died because of me!" Eri cried, hugging me. I kneeled down and hugged her back. "Hey, hey don't cry! I'm alive right now, aren't I? Besides, what have I always told you?" I asked, cupping her face in my hands and using my thumbs to softly wipe away her tears. "Th-that it's never my fault.... And it never has been." She replied as she stopped crying. I smiled warmly and kissed her forehead. "Exactly." I said before hugging her again. Her horn shrunk a lot... She gave me a tiny genuine smile that made my heart flutter. She smiled! She's happy! I thought, hearing Mido and Mirio-senpai hold their breaths. "The doctors gave us permission to keep her on campus. She'll be under my supervision... As well as yours." Aizawa-sensei said from the door frame, directing our attention to him. I remember him clear as day... I thought. "Sensei, is there any clothes for me here?" I asked, standing up straight. He nodded in response, handing me a plastic bag with clothes in it. "Your uncle dropped some clothes and things off for when you woke up. Speaking of which, you might want to give him a call. He got you a new phone too." Sensei said. I thanked him and took the bag. "I'll be back in a bit Eri, ok?" I said with a smile. She nodded back and Aizawa-sensei took her hand. "Come on, we'll wait for your... 'Mom' in the lobby." He said, glancing at me. The other two were about to walk out behind him, but I stopped them. "Can I ask you two some questions about what went down?" I asked. Mido closed the door and nodded, Mirio-senpai right beside him. "Is... Is Sir Nighteye ok?" I asked, taking the hospital gown off behind a large divider and digging undergarments out of the bag sensei gave me. "Thanks to you, he's alive and well. He only needed a few stitches is all." Mirio-senpai replied. "Is... Are the cleansers still alive?" I asked, putting on the undergarments and the blouse my uncle picked out. Bubblegum Pink with frills, huh? I thought, tugging it down. "Chisaki killed three of them to make himself stronger. Other than that, the rest of them are confined in the same prison and One for All." Senpai replied quickly. Chisaki... He's still alive... "Any news on.... Chisaki specifically?" I asked, hesitating to put on the skirt All Might brought. "Um... He was attacked by the villain alliance on the way to the prison, but he's still alive. His hands are just gone now... Why?" Mirio-senpai asked, suspicion in his voice. "I just want to make sure he stays locked away forever. Eri... She's practically my daughter. I want to keep her safe no matter what." I replied, putting on the skirt. Senpai hummed in response. "A-any other questions Dia-chan?" Mido asked as I finished changing. I stepped out from behind the divider. "How's this outfit? It feels a little weird wearing something like this after that whole experience... Does it look ok?" I asked. Mido's face flushed. "O-oh wow." He said, covering his mouth. I was wearing a light pink sleeveless turtleneck blouse that had frills going down the front that was tucked into a pair of black high waisted, mid thigh shorts that were close to skin tight with a pair of light pink Converse that matched my shirt. "You look cute, Dia-chan!" Mirio-senpai complimented with a large smile. "Thanks!" I replied, smiling back. "Now, let's go to Eri." I said, walking to the door. Before I could even touch the doorknob, Mirio-senpai had opened the door for me. "After you." He said politely, holding the door open. I hurriedly thanked him and walked out. "We're giving Eri-chan a tour of the campus today! Well... After Sensei gets the OK from the principal..." Mido said, twiddling his thumbs. "Well Dia and I are on suspension so I can be on a constantly supervised date with Dia-chan and Eri-chan, right?!" Mirio-senpai asked with a smile, jutting his thumb at himself upon arriving at the lobby. "Date?" Sensei asked, evident confusion in his voice. Me and Mido were just as confused. "A honeymoon couple's outing!" Mirio-senpai declared with that same large smile. "Honeymoon couple's outing?" Sensei asked. "What are you saying, Senpai?" Mido asked, raising his brows. I shrugged and sighed. "Mommy... Uncle Deku says you go to the same school as him and Lemillion-san... So will you be giving me a tour too?" She asked, looking up at me hopefully. Uncle... Deku? "Of course!" I replied with a large smile.