Part 4

Zane's POV

I watched as a bouncer Koyo ran out of the school gates. "Uncle Zane," he cried tuning over grabbing my waist. I knelt down Patting his head. "Where's Papa?"

"He's not feeling well," I said. Truthfully I don't know what's wrong with him. He called me up, his voice cracking and asked me to pick Koyo up out of the blue. "Tell you what, why don't you and I get ice cream and let Papa rest up a bit?" His little face lit up, making me smile. This little boy meant a lot to all of us, being the first born kid for anyone in the old gang. Atticus followed a close 2nd however with a little girl, lily, a couple years after. "Can we get Papa some too? He likes ice cream when he feels sad."

"Sure," I nodded standing up and taking his hand.

I couldn't help but smile as Koyo told me about his day at school. Unlike Jaden he's very smart for his age, reading at a higher level and tackling the hard maths questions. I can't help but wonder where he gets it from. Jaden never did tell us who Koyo's father was and I'm starting to wonder if he ever will.

"Oh hi Zane," I looked up Alexis standing there with what appeared to be at least three bags of new clothes. "And hi to you to Koyo."

"Hi miss Lexi," Koyo mumbled a bit shy.

"So What brings you around here?" She asked trying to juggle her bags.

"Just going for some ice cream," I laughed lightly. "Would you like to join us?"

"If that's okay with the little man," Alexis giggled. Koyo nodded holding my hand a little tighter. Yeah, definitely not much like Jaden.
——
Alexis and I sat in a booth and Koyo went to the play area for a while. Seeing as Jaden isn't well, it's probably best he spends as much time alone as he can. "So how's things going at the American Academy?" I asked Alexis.

She smiled placing her cup back I got tHe saucer. "It's going well although..."

"Although?" I cocked an eye brow.

"I've just been accepted a position here," she blushed.

"Well that's great isn't it?" I beamed. With Alexis and Jesse living here it would be like the old gang is back together, minus saving the world thing. "And you can be with Lily more too."

"Yeah," she breathed. "I love my brother and my niece so much and being around everyone recently made me realise this is what I want."

"It'll be good to have you and Jesse come for dinner," I said grabbing her hand. "Emiko would love an excuse to cook a large dinner."

"I'd love that." Alexis looked over as Koyo ran towards us. I could see a look of confusion in her face. "You know Koyo, you remind me a lot of my Jesse." She suddenly smiled.

I looked over at Koyo, you know now that she mentions it, he does resemble Jesse a bit. Wait, Jesse couldn't be? Could he?

——
After we said our goodbyes to Alexis, I took Koyo straight back to Jaden. Seeing as it was nearly five I think Jaden's had enough time to rest.

"Papa I'm home," Koyo answers running to Jaden who was in the kitchen. I watched as Jaden gave Koyo a big hug, a look of sadness his face. "I'm going to go get changed."

"Sorry were a little late," I said closing the door behind me.

"Honestly it's okay," Jaden shuck his head and let out a heavy sigh.

"Say, is Jesse Koyo's father?" I asked bluntly. Let's face it I was never one to beat around the bush. Jaden's face went bright red and he covered his mouth, looking as if he tried to keep a cry in. "I'm sorry. Alexis pointed out how much he looks like Jesse. I had to ask."

"Please don't tell anyone," he begged grabbing my arm. "I'm not ready yet."

Really, nine years and still not ready but I should respect his wishes. I held up the bag of cake I had and handed it over. "It's okay," I smiled. "Here enjoy this with Koyo. If you need to talk call me okay?"

He nodded and I took my leave. Poor guy, holding in a secret like that for all those years.