Bonus 1

Okay so I realised there were some things I wanted to expand on in the main sorry and didn't get chance to so were having some bonus stories!

Heres the first story centred around Syrus!

----

Syrus’ POV

I looked at the flyer then back up at Zane. “A family day hosted by our league?” I murmured.

“Yeah,” Zane smiled. “It’s something I was toying around with for a while. Sorry I didn’t tell you but you were busy with the recruits, I didn’t want to disturb your work.” I looked back at the paper, seeing the work family. Sure, Zane’s my big brother and being a father, I understand the idea behind a family day but I can’t help but feel I'll be left out. I don’t have a partner let alone a family of my own. “Sy,” Zane asked tapping my shoulder to get my attention. “Don’t you like the idea?”

“N-no,” I stammered. “It’s a great idea!”

Zane sighed, crossing his arms and leaning back. “So then why do you look like someone just kicked your dog?” I just looked to the floor. “Sy, it’s not just families there. I’ll have pro duellist coming too to participate in a learning workshop. I know most of them are single if that’s what you’re worried about.”
“I’m sorry bro,” I slumped into the chair opposite. “It’s just... watching everyone else with a family, can get pretty depressing if you don’t have anyone of your own.”

“Don’t worry,” Zane assured. “It’ll happen soon.”
---
The day of the Family Day arrived and being the middle of summer it’s certain was in full swing. We managed to secure a large area of the park, food vendors, sponsors came and just about most the town came. Currently we’re stood at the entrance greeting people along with some of the other hosts we had hired for the day. “Uncle Sy!” I nearly jumped out of my skin as felt something cling to my leg. I looked down to see a now five-year-old Miki laughing looking up at me. “I got you!”

I laughed picking her up and kissing her cheek. “How’s my beautiful niece today?” I cooed over her as Emiko came walking up with a now 13-year-old Shiro. How time flies? “Hey guys.”

“I have to say,” Emiko began looking at the scenery. “It looks wonderful. You two really pulled it out the bag.”

“Sy managed to convince most of the sponsors to join in,” Zane praised patting my back. “Why don’t you take the kids to grab some food, I'll be with you once we’ve finished the welcome ceremony.” Emiko nodded, picking Miki out of my arms and bidding us a quick goodbye.

Luckily the welcoming ceremony went without a hitch. I managed to keep my speech entertaining and didn’t stumble on my words. Thank goodness. Afterwards Zane invited me to join he and Emiko for food, saying he had already texted her an order for the two of us anyway. “Oh yeah,” Zane piped up as we walked. “I forgot to mention, Chazz if meeting up with us too.”

“Chazz?” I was surprised. We haven't really had much contact with Chazz since he got married and he was the type of person who became very private. “What made him come here?”

“His daughter Ashely is friends with Miki at preschool,” My eyes widened. Zane hadn’t mentioned that before. Miki’s been in preschool for a number of months now, would have thought he’d mention seeing Chazz from time to time. As we approached then bench, Emiko sitting next to Chazz happily chatting away. Since when did Chazz look so good? “So, how was the opening Ceremony?” Zane asked taking the seat next to Emiko, forcing me next to Chazz.

I blushed as his gaze came over to me. “Got to say it was pretty good,” He shrugged taking another bite of his food. “Since when did you become quite the public speaker shorty?”

I felt my face redden. Seriously? Still calling me ‘shorty’ after all these years. “I’ll have you know I host most of our main events now,” I exclaimed. Why am I letting him bother me so much? “Unlike you some of us have to keep up a proper public image.”

“Are you two just going to sit there and argue?” Emiko sighed and almost instantly we hung out heads in shame, as if we were kids being told off. “It’s been a few years since you guys last saw each other, at least be civil.”

We both gave each other a look at the conversation turned much friendlier.  Turns out Chazz is one of the leading Duel Representative for upcoming duellist and moved back into town six months ago following a large offer from Kaiba Corp. Though he started to turn soar again when I asked about his wife. H went quiet for a moment before Miki, along with a black-haired girl came running up to us. The black-haired girl ran into Chazz’s lap and I can only assume this is Amanda. “Daddy, can we have ice cream please?”

I can honestly say, I've never seen a more sincere smile on Chazz’s face. The way he looks at his little girl, you can see she means the world to him. “Sure,” He said standing up. “Miki would you like one too?”

“You don’t have to do that,” Zane chuckled earning a protest from Miki.

“You guys paid for food,” Chazz continued to insist and moments later walked away with the girls to get their frozen treats.

“Sy,” Zane sighed. “Chazz doesn’t like talking about this but his wife died a few years ago.” I felt my heart stop. I want the ground to swallow me up and consume me for being such an idiot! “It’ a sensitive topic for him and this s his first outing since moving here so let’s try keep the subject on a hush.”

I nodded. Boy am I a moron?

--

The day was coming to a close, Chazz and Emiko spent most of their times together with Miki and Amanda at the booths while Shiro and Zane had some father son time at the duelling area. Me, well I kept the sponsors happy and even managed to speak to potential new duellist for our league.

I jumped as I noticed Chazz about to leave with a sleeping Amanda in his arms. I took a deep breath, running over and grabbing his attention. He stopped in his tracks, giving me a death glare. Come on Sy, you can do this. “I just wanted to say I’m sorry for earlier,” I bowed to him. “I wasn’t aware of the situation but wanted to say if you need a friend, I’ll be there for you.”

I was nervous looking back up to him but I saw something I didn’t think I'd see. A sincere smile on his face and it really suits him. “The fact you’ve apologised means a lot,” He said. “Tell you what, I might just take you up on that offer.” I blushed deeply. “Listen, I have to get Amanda home, Zane has my number so text me whenever.”

With that he waved goodbye. Wow, Chazz, friendly? Looks like we might finally have a real friendship on the horizon.