Part 20

Zane's POV

Aspen, a wonderful place to get away from people and try your hand at some winter sports. Though for us, it's our chance to enjoy time alone on or honeymoon. My now wife and I happily settled into the honeymoon suite over a week ago and now with only a few days left, I never want to leave. I jumped as I heard a knock on the door, looking at the time I smirked. Room service, on time as always.

I got up opening the door and the waiter wheeled in the food and champagne. "Thank you again Dino," I said.

The young man bowed. "It's been a pleasure to have you here mister Truesdale," I cocked my head, noticing he looked a little awkward. "Um, if it's not too much trouble, could I have an autograph?"

I laughed, poor kid, nervous about a simple autograph. "Course you can," I responded.

"I'll bring my autograph book tomorrow then," With that Dino left.

He was a sweet kid who had been dedicated to the honeymoon suite this week. I feel a little bad seeing as some of the days we didn't leave the room and simply ordered room service. I smirked, looking over and getting ready to pop open the wine, turning my head to the bathroom I went to call out for Emiko but stopped as I heard sobbing. Putting the wine down I made my way to the bathroom, Emiko was sitting on the toilet hunched over sobbing. I knelt down in front of her, her hair hiding her face. "Why?" She cried. "Why do I cry every time? I thought I'd come to terms with this!"

I felt my heartbreak looking at her lap, I noticed the small drops of blood on the top of her thighs. I took her hands into mine, trying to calm her. After we failed so much, this time of month became unbearable almost. It was another reminder we failed again. "It's okay," I cooed cupping her cheek. "Remember when we get home, we're going to start all the paperwork so we can become parents. I will do anything I can so you become the mother you already are."

She seemed to break down more as I spoke. "I'm sorry," She whispered. "I just can't help but cry at the moment."

"We've both done our fair share of crying," I chuckled, remembering how I broke down in front of my dad weeks before. "But we've been through some tough times as teenagers. Who figured that as adults, we just have to keep pushing?"

"I'm sorry," She started to smile wiping away some tears. "I must be a handful. Why did you ever marry me?"

I laughed because every day, I wonder why she married me. "Let's see here," I started. "I pretty much went rouge when I was eighteen, completely ignored my girlfriend and best friends and just became someone completely different. I duelled in the underground so much I gave myself a heart condition, died, came back to life and suffered more than my fair share of operations for someone my age. But through all that, I had someone willing to take me back. Who called every day and took me to every appointment and who even put off our own wedding to allow me to fulfil my dreams."

"Loving you helped," Emiko joked at the end. "Let me cleaned up. I look a mess."

"Take you time," I stood up, kissing her forehead. "Lunch is here, I'll wait for you to finish up."

"Thank you."

I whispered a soft 'I love you' in her ear before leaving her to clean up. Who knew how hard adulthood was going to be? I flopped onto the bed, reaching for my phone. While we were out mum had a key to the house to collect the mail and deliver the wedding gifts. I opened an email, seeing a photo from mom with the large amounts of wedding gifts in the living room. That's going to be a pain to get through. I scrolled through the email, spotting another photo, this time of out mail. Why are there so many boxes? Then it clicked; "Has someone been online Christmas shopping?" I laughed as Emiko emerged from the bathroom. She stuck her tongue out climbing onto the bed. "Well, I guess we didn't leave much time to sort it. By the time we get home it will pretty much be Christmas."

"I'm just thinking ahead," She giggled climbing onto my chest. "What do you want for Christmas? Out of all those gifts, not one is yours I'm afraid."

I shrugged it off. "I have what I want," I clouted. "I have my wonderful wife as cheesy as that sounds."

"Well I guess it's me wrapped up then," She smirked.

I wouldn't have it any other way.