Bonus 3

It’s time for Koyo and Shiro’s First date!

--

Koyo’s POV

My eyes attempted to open as I heard my alarm go off. I’m not in school anymore, why is it going off? I grabbed my phone from my bedside table and in large letters was ‘date today.’ My brain is not focusing properly this morning. Date, date? I jumped at the sudden realisation and then grinned like a mad man. “Today I finally get my date with Shiro!”

I leapt out of bed, heading straight for the boxes on the floor. I’ve only been back a week; unpacking can wait still. I’ve been thinking about this week! We’re going to see a movie first, then there’s a fare in town so I'll take him there and show off my awesome skills. Then at night I’ll walk him home and we can have a romantic moment at the door like in the movies.

Right, enough day dreaming I have to choose the right outfit. I starting digging through the box, throwing out clothes I had begun to vito as I went along. “Woah, you’re going to take an eye out,” I head dad laugh. Wait, when did he even come into my room? I looked up at him as he held a pair of boxers I had thrown. “Someone’s eager today.”

He continued to laugh as he sat on my bed. “How can I not be?” I exclaimed. “Today’s the day Shiro and I have our first date! I’ve waited years for this.”

“Oh, I know that feeling of excitement,” Dad sighed finding another item of clothing I had thrown and placing it onto the floor. “Just remember to stay calm because you don’t want to do what I did.”

I cocked a brow. “What was that?” I asked nervously.

“Oh, well um, I headbutted your Papa when he tried to kiss me,” He cringed at the memory and I did at the thought. “I was so nervous that it happened in a blink. We spent the night with his head hung over a sink and me apologising to no end.”

I stood up with a smirk on my face. “No need to fear,” I said smugly. “I aim for the perfect date with Shiro and it will be the best first date in history.”

“I’ll hold you to that,” Dad challenged and I happily accept it.
---

An hour later I’m entrance to the park. We can cut through here to make it to the movies in record time. I can treat him to whatever he wants without being left in a long queue. “Koyo,” I looked to my left, there he is. My angel walking towards me with a big smile and a light blush on his cheeks. “Good morning.”

“G-good morning,” Why did I stutter?

“So, what’s on the agenda today?” He asked. This boys smile is killing me!

“Oh, well I figured let’s see a movie first,” I said pointing in the direct of the movies. “That new documentary film came out and I know you said you wanted to see it.”

“I’m impressed you remembered,” Shiro joked. “But that does sound pretty fun. Your treat of course.”

“Naturally,” I turned to face the direction we were going to go, holding my hand out to him. The pink tint in his cheeks getting deeper. Almost reluctantly he grabbed hold of my hand, his skin is so soft. “Alright then, let’s go!”

----
I stood dumbfounded outside of the movies. They were boarded up. I swear I checked all the times this morning. Shiro let go of my hand and read the poster out loud, “Due to a burst pipe we have had to close business for a number of days. We hope to be up and running within a week and we apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.”

“B-but,” I stammered my words. This was meant to kick off our date on a good note! I’m already hitting a hurdle and we’ve not even really begun the date. I shuck my head, right then. Plan B! “Alright, then let’s hit up the fare.”

“Dad did mention that it was in town,” Shiro thought for a moment before smirking. “You going to buy be an ice cream while we are there?”

“Of course, treats are on me,” I proclaimed, grabbing his hand so we could make our way to the fare across town.

--

Luckily, we made it early thanks to the movies being closed so most the booths were empty and some of the good prizes remained. Shiro pointed over to one of the booths that had Ghostrick plushs and it looks simple; basketball. Hit the basket and win a prize. Time to show off my skills.

We walked over and I placed my month on the counter so I have three tries. Just got to land one. I focused my site on the first ball and threw it only to have it bounce off. Aw man. I shuck my head, alright, take two! I threw the next ball and again it bounced off the ring. I growled; this isn’t funny.

This time I took a deep breath before trying again. I threw the ball, watching it bounce off the ring, onto the back board and then – BAM! Straight into my face. I moaned, holding onto my face. Why is it so hard? I looked up through the pain, seeing Shiro laughing his head off. I smiled; well he’s having fun at least. “I’ll try next,” He proclaimed handing over the money.

I watched intensely as he missed the first basket, got closer on the second and then – swoosh! He got it in. He cheered to himself, pointing to the plush passed off the werewolf and hugging it tightly. “C-congrats,” I stuttered, a little embarrassed I hadn’t won it.

He grabbed my hand tightly, “Let’s go try win you something now.” He started to pull me along to the next game, but I wanted to win you a prize Shiro. This is the wrong way around!

----
“Time for ice cream,” Koyo laughed as we made our way to the food area, Five different games we played and I didn’t win anything on either of them while Shiro not only won another plush for himself but one for Miki and we got some Kuribohs for Mia and Lena. We suddenly came to a stop, Shiro holding out his hand. “Feels like rain.”

I looked up; oh those clouds are really dark. I gulped as it started to come down a bit harder. “Come on let’s find shelter quickly,” I grabbed his arm, pulling him to the nearby bus stop. We panted, trying to catch our breathes. “Damnit. Today was meant to be perfect.”

I felt myself getting angry. This isn’t how I planned it at all, I feel so defeated. “But it is perfect,” I looked up and Shiro looked at me confused. “We got to have a fun walk through the park and played fare ground games, won prizes and spent time together. I couldn’t ask for anything more perfect. Though I do still want my ice cream.”

I looked at him in disbelief. He thought this was perfect. I thought for a moment before smiling. You know, he’s right. I guess it was pretty perfect. I leant into him, kissing him on the lips. As long as my first date was with Shiro, it was bound to be perfect no matter what.