Part 24

Jaden’s POV

I feel sick. I was hunched over, gripping my stomach in pain. God, I should have just listened to Yubel rather than lying to myself. I cry as I bit my lip. I could feel Yubel lingering over me with that look I would give Koyo when he’s done something wrong. “You should have gone to the doctors sooner,” She mumbled at me, disappointment in her voice. “While you Jesse should have tried to prompt him to when he was being ill.”

Yubel, please don’t say anything, I begged through our mind link. I don’t want Jesse to realise I was in denial all this time. Yubel had tried to advise me, no, tell me, after Christmas there was a chance, I could be pregnant again. I didn’t think it was going to be possible so I just denied it and after all one of my best friends had just told me about her failings to get pregnant how could I want to say anything?

“I’m sorry,” I cried barely above a whisper. “I’m sorry Jess.”

He looked at me confused before he looked at Yubel. All went silent as an ambulance pulled up outside the door and Emiko rushed to get the paramedic inside. Zane and Syrus, along with Rose took the children into the garden while Emiko stayed with me and Jesse. It’s her house after all and she was with me when I feel.

“Hi Mr. Yuki,” The paramedic’s voice was soothing and calm. “Your friend briefed me quickly, you have a lot of pain in your abdomen, right?” I nodded. “Now, I'm going just lift your shirt and have a quick look. My college will be in here in a moment with a scanner, just to make sure internally you're okay.”

I nodded letting him lift my shirt and winced as I felt his hands on my stomach. I have definitely felt like this before. The sickness, weight gain and main. Yep I’m having another baby alright. Jesse watched in confusion as the other paramedic brought in what looked like a small ultra sound machine. Companies never cease to amaze me with all the new technology they create.

I was instructed to lie back, some cool gel rubbed on my stomach before the scanner was placed on my stomach and then I saw it on their monitor. Oh God. I looked over at Jess who was just starting at the screen. “Mrs Truesdale, may I have a moment with Mr Yuki?” Emiko nodded, leaving without a word. “Mr Yuki, based off the medical data base, I can see you have a functioning uterus correct?” I nodded, blushing deeply but also a bit scared of what he will think. “Don’t be embarrassed. My partner and I have come across this a few times now and let me say, I can see the pain you’re experiencing is because you are pregnant.”  I felt Jesse’s grip leave mine as the paramedic continued. "I believe the position of the pregnancy is what’s causing the main issue so I'd recommend getting into see a midwife ASAP, other than that the pregnancy is progressing nicely. “

We thanked the paramedics as they left and not only do I feel as if Yubel is about to give me a lecture but Jesse too. “This is what you’ve been hiding?” He exclaimed looking frantic.

“Jess, please listen,” I got up trying to go over to him but he moved away. “I didn’t think I was, well, I didn’t want to believe I was. I just got you back and we’re getting a house-”

“Jay, these types of things are something we need to talk about,” I could see tears falling form Jesse’s face. “The last time you didn’t tell me you left me!”

My chest tightened at that. It’s true, last time I up and left without an explanation. Guess I never realised that I'm pretty much doing the same thing now. “Alright,” I looked to see Zane entering the room looking stern. “There’s a lot of yelling and it’s scaring the kids. What’s going on?”

“What’s going on is I’m leaving,” Jesse yelled grabbing his coat and heading for the door.

I was so scared, I couldn’t move. I felt Zane guide me back to the sofa and I broke down. I can’t tell him either. You have to tell him Jaden, Yubel told me before disappearing. I took a couple of deep breathes before attempting to explain. “I’m pregnant,” I blurted. “I didn’t want to even think I could be but it’s true.”

Zane rubbed his face, he’s got to be disappointed right? Afterall I kept something so important from everyone. “Let him be alone for a while,” he advised. “This is something you chose to keep from him and he was worried about you and you played a baby off like it was nothing. Last time you fell pregnant you thought he cheated and left. That’s scenario is probably going through his head and he’s probably scared of losing you, Koyo and the new baby. All because you couldn’t be honest with yourself.”

What if I’ve blown it now? What if I've really lost Jesse for good?