Part 12

Jaden's POV

The day of the "Singles night" came around quicker than I had liked. Koyo currently sat on my bed watching as I continued to mess with my outfit. It was a smart casual outfit, with black pants (that according to Emiko showed off my assets well) a red buttoned up shirt and a loose hanging black tie. I'm nervous beyond belief. "Papa looks good," Koyo complimented standing on the bed. He leant over to give me a big hug over my shoulders.

"Thank you, baby," I laughed turning around and picking him up. "You're going to behave for daddy and uncle Zane tonight, right?"  He nodded vigorously. Tonight, Jesse was going to take him to play miniature golf as a way to bond with Koyo using something other than duelling or ice cream. Though I don't think Koyo minds.

Koyo jumped out of my arms as we heard the doorbell ring. I followed close behind as he ran to the door, opening it to reveal Jesse. I gulped, oh he looks good. "Hey daddy," Koyo greeted.

"Hey little man," Jesse said. "Why don't you go get your coat and we'll head off okay?"

With that said, Koyo went to his room. "Thanks for having him tonight," I said with a big sigh. I know I shouldn't bring it up but I have to say something, "I'm sorry about Alexis."

The look on his face dropped. "No, it's fine," He said scratching the back of his head. "It was bound to happen. I'm sleeping at a hotel for the time being, see as the house was in her name I couldn't really stay there."

I wanted to say something but what can I say? Forget tonight and spend it with me? No, I couldn't this is my chance to move forward. I have to but I can't let the father of my child live in a hotel. "You could stay here," I blurted out, I saw him gasp and I blushed. "It's because, well, it'll be cheaper for you. I have a spare room you can use so that's not an issue. Besides, it's not like you're unemployed so getting your own place soon will be a breeze."

"I, I'll think about it," Jesse smiled. Then suddenly, a hyperactive Koyo came bouncing to the door, trying to get his shoes on. "We'll see you later. Have a good night."

I gave Koyo a kiss before he went off, hand in hand with Jesse. I am really having seconds thoughts now. What can I do though? He's now going through a divorce, I shouldn't burden him with my feelings. I sighed, slipping on my shoes and locking up the apartment. Tonight, better be worth it.

----

I was shocked when I showed up to the bar to see Syrus getting a drink. "Sy?" I laughed taking a seat next to him and ordering a drink. "What brings you here?"

He blushed madly, fidgeting in his seat as if to avoid the question. "Zane convinced me," He mumbled. Woah, Zane convinced him? I couldn't help but laugh a little, guess Zane wasn't happy about Syrus being a third wheel all the time. "It's not funny, I don't even think I can talk to these people."

I looked behind us, most singles already mingling and heavy in conversation. I know what he means, seeing as the night started an hour ago, it was understandable that some people were already on the move. "Well, let's get some Dutch courage," I smiled as I clinked our glasses together and we both took longs gulps.

As the night rolled on, we finally managed to talk to a couple of people. Syrus somehow managed to encapsulate himself in a group of women, being a pro will help with that though and I found myself back at the bar. I talked to a couple of guys but no-one really took my interest. "Sorry," I looked up at the sound a deep voice, that belonged to a pale stranger, with jet black hair and brown eyes. He's handsome, I thought as I indicated for him to take a seat. This is dangerous. He held out his hand, "Tama. Excuse this for being cheesy but someone as gorgeous as you surely don't need to be in a place like this."

Oh, a smooth talker, my heart can't take this. Perhaps it's the alcohol. "I'm Jaden," I introduced taking his hand.

"Oh, I know, my daughter is a big fan," He laughed order himself a drink.

"Daughter?" I raised an eyebrow.  "So, you shouldn't be hear either?" I let out a small laugh as he did.

"I'm a single dad," He went on to explain that he lost his wife in an accident when his daughter was younger and that she was currently fifteen and getting ready to take her entrance exam for Duel Academy.

"You're quite young to have a fifteen-year-old daughter," I think I'm just plain flirting now. This is embarrassing.

"We had her fresh out of high school," He admitted. "But I wouldn't change it."

"I know that feeling," I laughed as I mentioned Koyo. I avoided the part about being Koyo's 'mother' however. I'm pretty sure that scares someone off.

I watched as Tama started to get a bit nervous, "I know this is inappropriate but would you like to go out, on a real date?" My heart fluttered, should I say yes? One date couldn't hurt. I nodded and we exchanged numbers.

Before I left the bar, I made sure Syrus was still sober enough to remember where he was and how to get home. I don't want Zane thinking I abandoned his little brother. For some reason, I feel happy right now. I walked out of that bar having planned a date with a really nice guy. I guess, maybe this is my chance to move on from Jesse.