Part 8

Jaden's POV

Nervously, I sat on the sofa, feeling Jesse's gaze burning in me while Zane made us some coffee. I can't believe I made such a stupid mistake. This teaches me why I shouldn't drink! "Alright," Zane said setting down the cups in front of us before sitting down next to me. "Like adults, we are going to talk this out. Jesse, I think given the situation, though you burst through my house, you can speak first as you will have many questions."

I didn't want to look Jesse in the eyes. I can feel his angry emanating from him. "Did you leave and not tell me about Koyo because you thought I cheated?" That was his question? Oh, why am I surprised? After the nonsense I splurged out yesterday of course that would be his first question. Too scared to speak I merely nodded. I bit my lip, scared of what was to come. "Jay, I never cheated on you. That woman, she was a party planner."

"A party planner?" I repeated.

"I was planning a party so that I could," He stopped for a moment, taking a deep breath before he continued. "I could propose to you."  I felt tears prick at my eyes and my lip quivered. Oh God, what had I done? Suddenly I felt a hand on my knee, looking up I noticed Jesse kneeling before me. "Jaden, I loved you more than anything in this world. I wanted to make you as happy as you made me. Happier even. Jaden, I'm sorry that you couldn't talk to me about it."

I felt a wave of guilt wash over me. I was so emotional at the time, having just found out OI was pregnant, I never thought of just talking to Jesse about what he was up to. Instead I thought about him in the worse way possible. Then I realised, "You married Alexis pretty quick afterwards."

"Yes, we were both lonely," He sighed. "She was there and we married on a whim." I noticed Zane tapping his foot in anger. "But that aside, Jaden, now I know the reason you left, please let me make things right. Let me be a part of your, no, our son's life."

I had to think for a moment. Finally, after all these years, we've gotten everything out in the open and can look to move forward. "Jaden, what do you say?" Zane tried to encourage me.

"I'm sorry," I burst out crying. "I'm so, so sorry! Please don't hate me!" I felt Jesse wrap his arms around me as I continued to cry. "Of course, you can be in his life. Please look after him!"

"I will Jay," I heard him say. "I'll take care of both of you."

After a while and we had calmed down, we decided to make a plan. It was decided that once Alexis and Emiko were back Koyo would be introduced to Jesse formally as his father. It was also agreed that Alexis wouldn't be called step-mom either as I didn't feel comfortable with it. While Alexis was a good friend of mine before I just don't want my children calling someone else 'mom.' Lastly it was agreed for the first several months the visits would be supervised, if not by me then Zane would help out.

The girls returned around 12:00 after Zane called them saying it was safe to come back. "Nice to see my house wasn't turned into a war zone," Emiko joked.

I smiled as Koyo came over to me, sitting on my lap. "Koyo, you have to be a big boy for me okay?" I sighed and he nodded.  Next thing that happened was Jesse sat on the sofa next to us. "This Koyo is Jesse, a friend of Papa's from a long time ago. Koyo, Jesse if your farther."

I saw Jesse blush as I introduced him. Koyo just stared in amazement at the man he can finally call dad. "Hey kiddo," Jesse laughed nervously. He was taken by surprise as Koyo jumped from my lap and into his, wrapping his arms around Jesse's neck. "Whoa, that's quite the grip." I felt myself tear up as Koyo held onto Jesse tightly. Koyo was finally going to have two parents that loved him dearly. Along with all his aunts and uncles. "Say, if it's okay with your Papa. Why don't we go for lunch?"

"Can we papa?" Koyo asked looking at me excitedly. "I can get to know daddy."

I smiled and nodded. "We can all go," I said making Koyo cheer.

"Actually," Zane started. "Emiko and I are going to stay home today. So, you all have a good time." I watched as Zane slipped Koyo a bit of money. "Make sure you get a dessert afterwards." He said patting Koyo's hair and I couldn't help but laugh. "Jay, you can lend some clean clothes if you want."

I looked down noticing I was still wearing my clothes from the night before. "That would be great," I got up Alexis walking over to me. "I'm sorry to bring this on you to."

"Don't worry," She smiled giving me a kiss on the cheek. "Afterall that means Koyo and I are related now too."

"Cool," Koyo cheered. "So, what do I call you miss Lexi?"

Alexis hummed as she thought. "How about, Aunt Lexi? Does that sound good to you?"

Koyo nodded as Alexis joined in their hug. Guess I was wrong about Jesse. But know I feel, heartbroken. In my emotional state I ran away from the best thing I could have had.  Now, I'm 9 years too late to fix it.