Part 22

Jesse’s POV

A winter break, I can’t believe it’s finally over.  Today, Jaden and I go back to work and Koyo is back at school. Luckily any snow that feel has pretty much melted away. Though there might be the odd bit of ice still. I was in the bedroom, trying to finish getting dressed when I head laughter and heavy footsteps from the living room. “Ruby,” Koyo laughed. “Get back here.”

I raised a brow, Ruby? I finished tucking in my shirt and went into the room and I was in shock. Koyo was chasing my Ruby around. It took a moment to sink in then I started to laugh. I leant over raising Koyo in the air. “Since when could you see duel spirits?”

“A while,” he responded a bit shy about it. “Wait daddy, you see them too?

“And Papa,” I nodded and Koyo hugged me tightly.  I have to tell Jay right away. He’s going to be so happy.  I carried Koyo to the direction of the bathroom but the sound coming from it made me stop. Sounded like he as being sick. I knocked on the door, Koyo still in my arms. “Jay, you okay babe?”

I heard the sound of a toilet flush and then the sink before Jaden emerged from the bathroom. He put on his signature smile as always. “Think I must have eaten something bad,” He said. “Now what’s going on?”

I didn’t take much noticed as I simply started to show Koyo off. “Our little man can see duel spirits,” I proclaimed.

Jay’s eyes widened before hugging Koyo and me tightly. “That’s wonderful,” He kissed Koyo on the cheek, who in turn wiped it off. “You’re just like your Papa and me.”

“You sure you should go to work today?” I asked a bit worried after hearing my boyfriend vomit. It sounded quite violent.

“I’ll be fine,” He assured. “Besides I have an important meeting today about my duel schedule for this month.” I nodded and let Koyo down so he could finish getting ready for school. “Also, I have to look after Koyo so you can finalise your divorce today, right?”

That’s right. Today, Alexis and I officially divorce and then Jaden and I are free to do whatever. I mean, she’s known about us getting back together and she’ with someone herself. Michael, I think his name was. Either way, we both begin a new life today. “Say Jay,” I started getting him to look me in the eyes. “Maybe, we should look at getting a house together.”

Jaden blushed deeply. Maybe I'm moving too fast but I want us to have more space especially with Koyo growing up. He’ll want friends to sleep over and the apartment just doesn’t accommodate that.  “We’ll talk more about it later,” He mumbled pushing past me.

And I’ve made the biggest mistake of my life by opening my big mouth!

---
With my signature on the paper, that was it. I looked at Alexis and we simply hugged, knowing that now, we’re free from a loveless marriage. Though we will remain friends. She’s been good to Koyo, even getting him a lovely Christmas present and she is still friends with Jay and the others so we’ve decided best to keep the peace. “Why don’t we go grab coffee?” I offered and she nodded, picking up her bag and following me to the local café. We sat ordered and started ideally chatting. “So how are things with Michael? That's his name, right?”

Alexis blushed a little bit, messing with her fingers. What is wrong with my mouth today? “Actually, it's Michelle,” She murmured, hiding her face.

Michelle, that’s an oddly feminine name, unless; “Wait is he a she?”

Alexis blushed deeper. “It kind of just happened,” She explained. “A couple of drinks and a wild night and then poof, I'm now in a relationship with a woman. Even Atticus doesn’t know yet.”

“I’ll keep my mouth shut until you tell him,” I advised. I mean, I can’t judge seeing as I'm with a man myself. “As long as she treats you right, who am I to judge.”

“How are you and Jaden getting on anyway?” Alexis asked. I blushed this time, remembering how I embarrassed myself about the idea of buying a house together. “By that blush I guess it’s good. Is Koyo doing well? He’s back at school, now right?”

I nodded. “And we found out this morning, he’s been seeing duel spirits for a while.”

“Just like his father,” She laughed.

---

I walked through the door seeing Jaden and Koyo sitting on the floor having a duel. I laughed noticing how Kuriboh was nestled in Koyo’s lap.  I sat next to my son, smiling at Jaden lovingly as I did. This is a moment I never want to give up. My perfect boyfriend and wonderful son, nothing could make these moments more precious to me and to think I nearly missed out.

“So everything went well?” Jaden asked, looking at me in awe. Guess everything is okay from this morning. I nodded. “Good, well I guess I should tell you, I’ve met up with an estate agency. They can pencil us in an appointment this weekend. Fancy buying that house still?”

My heart skipped a beat. This moment; just became more perfect.