Part 14

Jaden's POV

I panted as I continued through the park. It's only been half an hour, where could have Koyo gone? I'm scared. He's never seen fighting like that before, never! What if he's all alone? I stopped by a try, balancing myself onto it.

I felt the vibrations of my phone go off in my jacket. I rushed for it, hoping Jesse has found him. My heart sank seeing Emiko's name. "H-"

"Explain to me why your son ran to my house!" I never even finished saying hello and she was already mad. Wait! Koyo was with her? Thank goodness. "He ran here, crying his eyes out, because you and Jesse had a fight? Are you two serious?"

"Emiko," I started letting the tears fall. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to fight in front of him but I was so angry at Jesse."

"Then I'll give you this option. Let Koyo stay here the night to let you and Jesse sort this mess out," She said sounding like she was going to cry. "Poor boy, he's shaken up and I don't think it's right to send him home until you and Jesse sort this mess out."

She was right, I had to sort this out. Koyo is still so young and impressionable I don't want anything ruining his childhood. "Okay, let me sort this out. Can I call him to say goodnight later?"

"Of course," she agreed. "Now sort this mess out."

With that, she hung up. I sighed putting my phone back into my pocket. What do I do now? Call Jesse, head back to the apartment? I, I'm not sure. "Jay?" I turned to see Tama. To think I only saw him a couple hours ago and everything was alright. As I saw him I started to cry and that's when he ran to me. "Hey, what's up? Did something happen at home?" All I could do was nod. "Come on, let's get a coffee."

We went to a near by coffee place. While Tama ordered the drinks I sent Jesse a text to let him know Koyo was okay and that he was safe. "So, are you okay to tell me what happened?" Tama asked sitting opposite and placing the coffee down.

I took a deep sigh, hitching as I still hadn't regained my full breath yet. I began to explain to him about Jesse and that I was in fact Koyo's 'mother' biologically. I explained that when I found out the father of my child was married, how I was encouraged to move on but in the fight today Jesse hinted at still having feelings for me. "You must be freaked out huh?"

Tama was silent. Seems I've scared him off a bit. "Well, I guess anything is possible these days." He let out a small chuckle. "Be honest with me, are you still in love with him?"

I blushed deeply. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have feelings for him but I don't want to hurt Tama. He's been so kind to me and we've had such good times. If the situation was different I could see us being a long term item. "I am," I finally said. "Forgive me. When I planned to go out, he was still married but now."

"Things are a bit different," I nodded as he finished the sentence. "As much as I like you, it seems things are ending here huh?" I felt the tears come back. I'm such an idiot. I haven't changed after all these years at all. "Thank you for being honest. Perhaps we can be friends still?"

I was shocked by Tama's kindness but I was happy with it as well. After that we agreed to stay friends and I went home. I wasn't surprised when I found Jesse on the sofa, he looked glum but I guess that's expected when you've upset your child. I certainly feel that way.

I sighed taking a seat next to him and resting my head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry," he whispered. "I shouldn't stand in your way to move on."

I let out a small laugh, lifting my head and turning his to face me. "What if I don't want to anymore?" I whispered before leaning in an kissing him.