Part 36

Jesse’s POV

“So, Shiro is officially a Truesdale?” I asked as Emiko and I sat in her garden, letting the boys play with Gonzo. Last week was Shiro’s 8th birthday and as a present Emiko and Zane surprised him with his adoption papers and now from what Zane has said, Shiro is all moved in the old guest room is now officially his bedroom.

She nodded. “Yep, it’s all done,” She said proudly. “We’re going to look at decorating his bedroom how he wants it. Afterall, it’s officially his room now. Anywya, how’s Jay getting on? 7 months along, not much longer now until the babies arrive.”

I laughed at her teasing. Trying to scare me will not work. “We are all ready with the nursery,” I boasted. “Martha has been a big help too, she insisted on buying the cribs which I feel bad for.”

“She just wants to be helpful,” Emiko assured. “Is she settling into her new place?”

“Says she’s never been more relaxed,” I sighed happily. It was true, Martha worked since she was eighteen and only now, she is getting the rest she deserves. “She currently at the house with Jay, looking through some baby magazines no doubt.”

“Just make sure the credit card doesn’t come out.”

We both laughed. These peaceful moments are something I'd never thought I'd have again with my friends. Honestly, after Lex and I broke up, I didn’t expect everyone still be so friends with me. Nice to know I still have plenty of friends around. “Dad,” I snapped out my thoughts as Koyo jumped on my lap. “It’s five o’clock.”

My eyes widened. Whoops, we’ve been here three hours. “Well, we better head home,” I said. “Sorry to have been here so long.”

Emi shuck her head. “You guys are always welcomed here,” She assured.

Shiro came running over to her, panting heavily from all the games he and Koyo played. “Hey mom, can we watch some movies?” He asked. Emi laughed and nodded. “I want to watch a spooky one.”

“He likes scarey movies?” I asked raising a brow.

“Well, the ones made for kids,” Emi corrected standing up. “Okay, you get the movie and I'll get the popcorn, your dad should be back soon too.” Shiro gave a cheer as he ran in and headed for the living room. “He really likes movies; I'm thinking about getting him a little video camera so he can make his own.”

“That certainly would let him be more creative,” I advised. “Koyo, why don’t you go say bye to Shiro and I’ll call papa see if he wants food bringing home.”

Koyo nodded, running off to where Shiro had gone. Emiko followed them to give me some privacy on the phone. Weirdly, as I pulled my phone out my pocket it began to vibrate. Guess Jay’s a bit pissed I’m not home yet. I did say I’d only be an hour or so. My bro raised at the ID; Martha. “Hey Martha,” I said. When she started to talk back, I couldn’t make out what she was saying. Is, is she crying? “Martha, take deep breathes and tell me whats up?”

“It’s Jaden,” She finally said. “I’m sorry Jess, I've had to call an ambulance and we’re on our way to the hospital.” What? I felt my heart sink to my stomach.  “He’s crying for you. Can you come right away?”

“O-of course,” I screamed. “Let me ask Emiko to watch Koyo.”

“Please be quick,” Martha begged before hanging up.

I ran into the living room, pulling Emiko aside. “Think you can watch Koyo tonight,” I whispered as not to get the boys attention. “Jay’s gone into hospital. Martha is balling her eyes out.”

“Of course,” Emiko assured. “He can spend the night, it’s Saturday anyway so at least they don’t have school tomorrow. You go to Jay and let me know what happens alright?”

I nodded before heading over to Koyo who was looking through the movies with Shiro. I told him Emiko and Zane said he could have a sleep over with Shiro, which he cheered for. I don’t want to tell him Jay’s in hospital and worry him. Might as well make it sound like a sleepover and keep him calm. Once we said goodbyes, I drove to the hospital as quickly as I could.

--

My heart raced as I ran through to the reception area. “Jaden Yuki,” I panted. “I’m his partner. Which room is he in?”

“Ah, Mr Anderson,” I looked up, there was an elderly doctor coming towards the desk. “I’m Doctor Smith, Mr. Yuki is currently in my care.”

“H-how is he? And the babies?” I asked grabbing his collar.

Doctor Smith, grabbed my hands, forcing me to let go of him. “Mr Anderson, please remain calm,” He instructed and took me to a consultation room. He sat at the desk while I took a free chair. “In a moment I shall take you to see Mr Yuki but I need to advise you we’re prepping him for an emergancy C-section.”

“But he’s only 7 months!” I cried.

“This isn’t uncommon with twins,” He advised. “But rest assured we’re going to do everything we can to make sure he and your twins are safe. Now if you have calmed down, I will take you to your partner.”

All I could do was nod. As we walked down the hall to his room. My heart began to hurt more. In the matter of a few hours, we’ll have our twins but all I can hope is they are safe as well as Jay.

----
A/N
We’re reaching the end of Baby Daddy very soon!

The next few chapters are in progress (slowly but surely) and will be up hopefully next week. I hope you all enjoy what I have coming up.

Once we’ve reached the end, I will begin posting my new Spiritshipping story. Well it’s more darkspiritshipping either way I hope to see you all there on that next journey.