Bonus 2

This Bonus is about when Zane finds out about Emiko’s pregnancy. Enjoy!

Zane’s POV

“Why don’t you just stay home and relax?” I tried to encourage my wife, who was still in the process of getting dressed despite the fact she’s been ill for a number of days.  “Missing a couple of days won’t hurt anybody? The team know what they are doing?”

Emiko laughed, looking up at me as she finished putting in her earing. “Since when do I entrust others to do a job, I can do myself?” She has a point. “Besides, it’s probably that fish I ate when we went out for dinner Sunday night. Don’t worry about it.” She gave me a quick kiss before yelling Shiro to come downstairs and grab his school books. “Tell you what, if I'm not better by tomorrow I’ll call the doctor for an emergency appointment. Deal?”

I laughed, knowing she’s right. “Fine,” I agreed. “But if anything changes, call me and I'll come pick you up. I can get my mom to get Shiro from school if needed.”

We said our goodbyes, Shiro giving me a tight hug before they left. I’m stuck working from home today while our office is being refurbished due to unexpected flooding. Not sure what happened, all I know is the third-floor bathroom is being decommissions. I shuddered at the thought of what actually has happened. I grabbed a coffee and my pills before heading upstairs to the office area. Once upon a time we thought it would be another bedroom. Maybe it still can be. We could always adopt another child in the future. A little brother or sister for Shiro. I smiled walking into the office, a portrait of the three of us sitting at the desk. We have a nice little family life going for us now, took a while but we made it.

--
A few hours passed and after endless conversations and emails I was finally able to take a break. I looked over to the clock. “Two - thirty!” I yelled. Crap, I have to pick Shiro up in an hour. I quickly saved all progress I made before heading down stairs, that was more than a few hours that’s passed. Didn’t think I would be so busy today. I head straight for the kitchen, looking for a quick bite to eat before the house phone began to ring. Who calls house phones anymore? I sighed, picking it up expecting it to be a scam; “Hello?”

“Hello, Mr. Truesdale,” The voice asked.

“Speaking.”

“Afternoon, I’m Doctor Mashimoto from the hospital,” Hospital? “Your wife was admitted earlier and she’s ready to be released now are you able to come pick her up? She asked for you specifically.”

“Wait, Emiko was in the hospital, why was I not informed sooner?” I asked frantically.

“She’s fine Mr Truesdale,” The doctor assured. “It was nothing more than a little sickness but we have run some tests and she’s asked if you can come pick her up.”

“I’ll be there ASAP,” With that I hung up, quickly sending a text to Jess asking if he can pick up Shiro while he gets Koyo. Luckily the response came through in minutes as I got my shoes on and knowing all that was sorted, I made my way to the hospital.

---
“I’m here to see Emiko Truesdale,” I said to the reception.

“Ah Mr Truesdale,” An elderly doctor approached me with his hand stretched out. “Good to see you, I’m Dr Mashimoto, we spoke on the phone. Follow me and I’ll take you to your wife. There’s just one last test we are doing.”

“More tests,” I asked as I followed the doctor. “Is everything alright?”

The doctor laughed, “She’s fine just needed to do this one last thing before she leaves and she wanted you here.”

We made it to the room, Emiko laid on the bed, her shirt scrunched up above her stomach and she had a soft smile of her face. She held her hand out to me and called me over to her. “What’s going on?” I questioned looking over to the machine beside her.

“You’ll see in a moment,” Emiko giggled holding onto my hand. “Trust me when I say, you won’t be disappointed.”

I watched as the doctor placed gel on my wife’s stomach and then brought, I think a scanner, to it. Emiko jumped at the sensation and then it hit me. “Wait are you-”

I stopped, looking up at the screen, a small blob coming to the screen. “Sixteen weeks,” The doctor said.

I felt my heart skip in a good way. “It’s our little baby on that screen,” Emiko cried and I looked to her. “Sixteen weeks, looks like we made it pass the danger zone without even realising it.”

With that I broke, after all these years of trying, we finally did it. Shiro was going to become a big brother, we’re about to have two beautiful children and not just one. “Our family just got a little bigger,” I cried placing my head on Emiko’s.

“Yep,” Was all she could say as she started to cry too.

“I love you Emiko,” I whispered kissing her forhead.

“I love you too Daddy Zane.”

--

Next week Koyo and Shiros first date