Part 33

Jaden’s POV

“Atticus punched Zane?” I exclaimed as Jesse tried to explain what happened in the park. Koyo had come back home, not his usual bubbly self and now it makes sense as to why. He watched his uncle get punched in the face. “And what Atticus has just ran off again?”

“He literally ran faster than a cheetah,” Jesse exaggerated. “Left Zane with a black eye and didn’t look back.”

I sighed heavily setting myself onto the sofa. Lily wasn’t Atticus’ all this time. It must have killed him inside knowing that and holding it in. Hence the affair, I guess. If that woman makes him happy, who are we to judge, though I wish he broke up with Rose first.

Alexis told me a bit about how Atticus was pissed she kept her marriage a secret for a while as well. Lex did explain it was because she and Jess married because of the baby and it still felt more of a friendship to the two of them so never really mentioned it outside themselves. Jesse sat next to me, holding my knee. “We can’t keep worry about them,” He advised. “Our babies are what is important and Koyo too.” It was then Ruby popped up from behind Jesse. Jesse laughed and petted her head. “Can you go check on Koyo for us? This he needs some company.”

Ruby let out a mewl as she left. He is right, our family is what should be important to us. I jumped as I felt something move. Smiling I grabbed Jesse’s hand, moving it from my knee to my stomach. It took a couple of moments before the baby kicked again, lighting up Jesse’s eyes. “What you think?” I laughed. “I think the babies want us to pay more attention to them.”

“Wow,” Jesse sighed happily and changed his position so his head was lying on my stomach.  “They really are going at it aren’t they?”

I nodded stocking his hair. “I’ve been wondering,” I started a bit nervous of Jesse’s answer. “The scan tomorrow, are we going to ask what the genders are?”

Jesse hummed, sending vibrations through my stomach. I giggled feeling the babies move at the sound. “We should,” He answered. “I really want to know and I think Koyo will be excited to know what he’s going to have too.”

“What do you want, boys, girls?” I asked.

“Just two healthy babies,” Jesse smiled. “And for you to be okay.”

“Hey, it’s not the first time I’ve done this,” I assured. “And this time, I have you right by my side. I think we’ll be okay.”

“We still need to throw you a baby shower,” Jesse stated sitting back up right. “Why don’t we announce the gender then too.”

“Like a gender reveal party?” I asked and he nodded. “But I don’t really want to by fussing around with a party.”

“Let me handle the party,” Jesse beamed. “I want to do this for you and the babies. Just make a guest list and I'll plan the rest.”

I nodded and Jesse gave a little cheer. If he wants to do something nice, who am I to stop him? I hope he realises how much work a baby show is.

--
The following morning, I was outside the school entrance bidding Koyo a goodbye. However I managed to knell down to his height is still beyond me, getting back will be a bigger problem however. “You have a good day at school, dad and I will be picking you up today,” I told him.

He nodded. “You’re going to find out what the babies are going to be today right?” He asked excitedly. I nodded. “I hope I can have two little sisters.”

I was a bit taken back. Sister? Always thought he would have liked a brother. I smiled and ruffled his hair. “As long as they are healthy is the man thing,” I told him. “Dad is planning a party so us to share the genders of the baby, do you want to know tonight or at the party?”

“A party?” Koyo asked. “I’ll know at the party with everyone else.”

“Alright,” I agreed. “Now you head inside, your teacher will be waiting.”

Koyo gave me a wet kiss on the cheek before running off inside. With a struggle I managed to push myself up and made my way back to the car. Jesse was going to drive us to the doctor's office, so I could relax in the passenger's seat. “He’s very excited,” I explained buckling my seatbelt.

“I bet,” Jesse laughed. “I am too. Once we know today, I'll start planning the party.”

I sighed happily, taking my stomach with both hands. Soon little ones, we’ll find out what you are and I can give Jesse and Koyo the family they deserve.