24

Micha looked over Veracon and Ragon several times, she seemed to be stuck between the two of them.

"I-I don't know which one to pick." Micha said.

"Well, why don't we let them decide?" I suggested.

I Turned to Ragon and Veracon.

"Well?" I said as I put my hand out to the dragons.

Veracon crept forwards as Ragon looked over at Doron. He came to my hand, and I began to guide him over to Micha. Micha's eyes had gone wide. She had spent countless hours around these dragons, yet she appeared as though she had never seen one before.

"Put your hand out." I said to Micha as Veracon kept his eyes locked on her.

I moved my hand and started to slowly back away from Veracon. I Watched as Micha stuck her hand out in front of her, until Veracon pressed his snout up against her hand"

Micha turned her head to face me, he face lit up with her smile.

"Haha.. That's right. You're mine." She said while rubbing Veracon on the side of his face.

"Look at that... You've bonded with the dragon." I said to her with an equally wide smile. 

She spent a good several minutes embracing with her new companion, before turning to look at me for direction.

"Get on." I said.

Without any protest, Micha came around to Veracons side. Doron hissed at Veracon, and he then lay his wing down for Micha to climb. She climbed atop Veracons back and came to sit near the base of his neck.

"Hold onto his quills." I said as I mounted Doron.

I looked over to Ragon, who was watching both of us mounted our dragons.

"Don't worry, we'll find you someone to bond with." I said to Ragon.

"Ok, let's fly." I said to Doron.

"Tell him to fly." I instructed Micha.

"Veracon, Fly." She said softly. 

As both dragons started to move forward to take off, I turned to see Ragon.

"Ragon! Let's go!" I called to him.

Ragon started to follow us just as Doron got off the ground, Veracon close behind me. 

"Hang on Micha!" I called to her from Dorons back.

Veracon came up beside me and Doron, with Ragon behind us.

We flew higher and higher up, though not high enough to breach the clouds above us. I looked over at Micha. Her face was full of delight and wonder as she sat up on Veracons back and spread her arms like the wing of a dragon, just as I had done several times during my first flight on Doron. The air was much cooler now, as the sun had almost completely gone down, all that remained of it was the bright orange and pink clouds on the horizon, behind us, the stars were starting to light up the sky. 

We flew for hours into the night, not saying much to each other, just enjoying the unrivaled feeling of endless freedom that comes with being mounted on the back of an air born dragon. Eventually, we returned to the cave late that night.

"That was really something, your amazing." Micha said to Veracon as she rubbed the underside of his neck.

I walked over to Ragon and locked my eyes with his.

"Now we just gotta get someone for you." I said to him.

"So, what about him?" Micha said as she motioned to Ragon.

"Just like we discussed before. We'll find Tahli, and if she's still alive, we'll try and bond her with Ragon. We MUST have one rider, for one dragon." I said.