What Love?

Friday, August 10

I woke up in bed with no one there, Nissa and I was still broken up. I heard the door open downstairs but I still laid there. Eventually, Tessa was upstairs in my bedroom "Let's go out and get your mind off it!" Tessa said and I agreed. She sat at the foot of my bed while I did my hygiene.

Once I finished she was making breakfast and I was in my room still getting dressed and doing my makeup. "Breakfast is ready and I made your fav!" She yelled from downstairs.

I put both my phones in my bag then grabbed my shoes and walked down the steps. After eating breakfast we got in Tessa car and she drove us to the mall. Once we made it into good lighting I had Tess take some pictures of me, then I posted them on insta.

We walked into the store and some of the kids from Garfield ran to us along with some of my fans. "Where the album at?" A girl said, "you gone be my bae?" A guy asked, "Where is Anissa?" They asked and I made a fake smile and they stepped back.

"We're sorry." they said "It's fine, we just need little space things were moving a little too fast. Yah know? We both still love each other but it's better if we're apart." I said then a guy spoke, "At Least we know the album finna be fire as fuck." I smiled and took pictures with them and eventually one by one they walked away.

Tessa grabbed my hand and I looked at her as I smiled. I took a picture of me and her hand together and posted it with the caption "This is what love is? Push me when I need it to pick me up when I fall." Tessa got a notification a minute after I posted it and looked at me. "You is sooo messy!" She said and I looked at her "My real fans know that's yo hand!" I said smirking

She couldn't be mad cause I was right and the picture was cute. I started shopping while my notification went crazy. I glanced at my phone to look at what people said. "Tell Tessa I said heyyyy!" 09loveboat said and I liked the comment

  "I'm the hand in the picture!" my friend Greg said and I smirked as I liked his comment. I started back shopping and they put everything I wanted on the counter.

After getting everything Tessa and I wanted we left that store and I speed the bags to the car then I caught up with her and we went to another store. This was what I needed time to relax and get my mind right. After awhile We were sitting down talking while trying on shoes. Tessa looked at her phone then back at me, she slid me her phone.

I grabbed it and looked, it was two of the pictures I posted but they were on one of my fan pages. An underneath it showed Anissa liking my pictures and commenting. I sat there and read each comment "😻😻 Heavy is the head that holds the crown?" " When you are done playing games call me, on live!😉😬." "We are done playing games? What Love? Let me show you something real and rare!" "I'm sorry, I miss you, Ms. Smiffy!"

I read the caption on my fan page and it said "Lovely go get my mama Pierce back!! P.s she said sorryyyyy"I put my hand on my head cause my heart was racing and my mind was all over the place. We go weeks without talking and now she wants to show the world she wants me again? What about her lashing out that's the first sign of an abusive relationship. We got up and I paid for our things as we began walking outta the store the power went out.

I froze time and speed the bags to the car and changed into my suit while changing Tessa into hers. I speed us to the other side of the room and once I felt ready I unfroze time. when the lights came back on black lightning was standing there looking confused and I looked at him.

"The one thing I didn't predict." He said turning around and I smirked "Hello sir, do we have a problem?" I said smiling like the smartass I was. "Yes, and you know what it is cause you've already read my mind." "Well, I'm glad you know I did. If you don't mind I would really like to have an amazing Free-Land shopping experience."

He looked at me like I was the villain in this story "I saw into your head and I know that person is hurt and crying but I'm busy. when I get time I will accompany you in making sure the world spins again. Sometimes heroes need off time too, don't you agree?" He glared at me and I smirked

"That's what's wrong with you millennials you don't think about anyone but yourselves. You guys don't sit and talk,  yall talk and fight and run." He said in his not so creepy deep voice. "And that's what's wrong with older people, yall think yall got us figured out but yah don't! Have a nice day Mr. Black lightning!" I said speeding Token and I outta the store and to the car. We were back in our regular clothes and I was taking my time to get to the Pierces house.

Moments Later

Tessa and I walked up to the front door and knocked. Jennifer answered the door and looked at Tessa and me. "Why didn't you call?" She said and I looked down "Because your dad showed up at the mall." I said "My Dad Jefferson Pierce showed up at the mall looking for you? Why when Anissa is in the wrong?" Jen asked as she let us in the house.

"No your dad black Lightning showed up to the mall looking for Saint Lovely and Token. And he's a parent he just wants his baby girl to stop hurting. Sadly he thinks I have the key to it all but I don't" I said and her eyes got big like I had just told her the biggest secret in the world. "Well mom is in her and dads room and Nissa is in her room." I looked at her "Thanks" I said as I walked upstairs then her and Tessa stayed downstairs.

I changed into my suit before going into Anissa's room cause who knows what she would do. "Hey Kiddo, let's talk." Once I said that Anissa looked up at me and I smiled