Falling for Us!

Tuesday, September 25

"I miss you." I said looking at Larien on the phone "I miss you too baby." She said and I smirked. "How come you don't call as much?" I said and she looked at me "What do you mean? I didn't think I needed to call a lot cause we know where we stand. We're busy women." I nodded

"Yea but I do want to hear your voice from time to tim-" before I could finish I had an Epiphany. She looked at me then off to the side of her " I'm sorry I'll make sure I call more. Baby I'ma call you the day after tomorrow ok." I looked at her confused like did she not hear what I just said.

"Chill tomorrow is my mother's birthday I always try and spend the whole day with her when I'm in town." She said and I smiled "That's so cute and ok baby talk to you later."

Wednesday, October 31

"I wanted this to be our first Halloween but since you can't make it I'll be fine. I'll probably just chill with Jen or something." I said trying not to cry and she didn't say anything then she spoke. "I am really sorry baby but I hav-"  Before she could finish her phone went dead and I broke down.

I think I was crying a little too loud cause Ma and Jen walked into the room. "Anissa, what's wrong?" Mom asked and I looked at her "She busy, she's always busy and I miss her. I never knew this is what love felt like." they sat on the bed and held on to me. "This is how you know you found the one. When you hate being apart. When it hurts and you don't know why." Ma said then I spoke again

"Yea cause when she had that fight the other day and got hurt I was devastated. It hurt me that I couldn't protect her, I was helpless and all I could do was call Tessa and makes sure she was ok." Jen looked at me "Is she?" "Saint Lovely is but Lovely Smith isn't. Token pulled Lovely into the van and speed off then Saint Lovely appeared and fought."

"Wait I'm lost." Jen said and I went to explain more "There was a robot that hit Larien Ledarda in the head then stomped her leg. So Token pulled up in the van and grabbed Larien then they speed off. Saint Lovely came speeding in moments later and fought the robot."

I said and Jen nodded "Larien is a human so she had to fake a concussion and broken leg but Saint Lovely is perfectly fine." Jen nodded and remembered she's not an outed superhero. "I just thought with the album cover she was telling everyone she was Saint Lovely and Lovely Smith."

"How about we watch a movie and eat popcorn tonight." mom said and I looked at her "Can we watch Chucky?" I asked and she looked at me like I was crazy "It's Lovely's favorite."

Hour Later

We were still sitting down watching chucky and I had to admit it was kinda good. Dad was here to watching it, it felt like the perfect Halloween. The doorbell rang and I got up "Didn't you guys leave a sign that we don't have candy?" Everyone looked at me and nodded then continued to watch the movie.

I walked to the door and it was some teenager standing there with a mask on holding a candy bag. I glanced and saw he was on crutches "We don't have candy! I'm sorry!" I yell but the kid pointed to the mask like he couldn't hear me. I was hesitant to walk to the door cause the kid was wearing a Freddy Krueger mask while on crutches. I walked to the door and opened it then the kid took the mask off.

"Hey, cutie can I get some sugar?" I looked and it was Larien I screamed and pulled her into the house hugging her. I kissed her and everyone ran into the room "What's wrong?" Mom said then they looked and smiled. "Hello, Pierce family." Larien said and I followed behind her and the crutches as we walked back into the room.

"We're binge-watching your husband." I said and she smiled then she kissed me " I knew he would grown on you!" she said as we sat down. "How's the handicap life?" Dad asked with a chuckle. "To tell you the truth it's a win and loses. I don't have to walk to do anything anymore. The only problem is we can't get the metal fragments outta my skin, so I'm not fully faking the injury." She said and we looked at mom.

"I'll see what I can do in the morning." She said and we smiled "Thank you so much but I don't wanna push back any more of your research." Larien said and we looked at her "No you make it worth it every time but this time please don't leave any more money behind for me." Mom said and we looked at them.

"You don't have to take it as money, take it as a donation to all the good work you do." Larien said and I kissed her cheek "Well if she doesn't want it I'll take it." Jen said and we laughed and Larien slipped her four hundred dollars. I laid my head on her shoulder and she held me as we watched the movie.

Thursday, November 22

"So how does this work?" I asked her and she said nothing I couldn't even see facial expressions cause we were on an audio call.  "Virtual family dinner is the best we can do. I swear it's gonna get better after a while. This is still new so we're working on it and that's all we can do." She said and I smiled "Mom said dinner is in an hour so be ready." I said to Larien

"Same here good luck." She said then she hung up. "Hey, Anissa can I borrow your black dress?" Jen said from upstairs and I rolled my eyes walking upstairs "What black dress Jen?" I walked towards my room and she stood in the hall fully dressed "Never mind but mom said can you tell dad dinner is almost ready? Tell him to come down."

I looked at her running past me down the stairs "Is that my blue dress?" I asked, "No I don't think so." I rolled my eyes again shaking my head as I went to dad's room knocking on the door. "Come in." I walked into the room and looked at him. "Mom said dinner is almost ready and to come downstairs."

He got up and walked towards me then we walked down the hall. "How is everything?" Dad asked and I looked at him "Being the Bait." I said and he chuckled "You'll be fine." We walked downstairs and I heard talking coming from the kitchen.

"Who is that?" I asked looking at dad he shrugged his shoulders "I was upstairs." We entered the kitchen and It was Lovely and her mother. My face lit up and she stood there smiling. "Pierce family this is my mother Layla Ledarda and yall know the adopted gremlin Tessa." She said and we all said hello and I smiled.

She walked up to me and we kissed "So your gonna make this our thing huh? You surprise me we kiss then we go about our day?" She giggled then laughed and everyone was paralyzed except for me. We walked into the other room and made out for a second. "Your soo bad, let's go have dinner."

She giggled and laughed again and we walked into the room like nothing happened. "All you did was paralyzed us you didn't freeze time."  Tessa said and we smiled like little kids up to no good.