School me

A week later

Lovely was really sticking to what she said and it was kinda sad. She barely texted unless it was to check in, she went back home, and she was back handling business all over the world. I was back at the clinic more and worried about my regular life. Jen and I were at the skating rink and I was standing next to the air hockey table when she skated over.

I tried to act like I wasn't thinking about everything but she knows me a little too well

"What's wrong with Laurissa now?" Jen asked and I looked at her confused "Who?" I asked and she smirked "That's what everyone is calling yall. Laurissaaaa It kinda got a ring to it but it also sounds like a white girl name." She said and we laughed "Who are they?" I asked and she gave me a look then I smiled "OHHH, the world." I said and she nodded.

"So, you like your personal security guards?" She asked and I looked at her then we both leaned in "Like I really need them." I said and we chuckled then I played the part "Lovely just wants to make sure I'm safe and I love her for that but sometimes I wish I could forget they were here." I said then my phone dinged.

"Hey baby just checking in hope everything is going great and I love you." Lovely texted and I rolled my eyes "Whattt?" Jen asked and I shook my head.

"Let me school you real quick sis. Your lucky she wants you to still be your own person some people want to make you move far away from your family and beat on you while they rip everything away from your." Jen said and I looked at her then texted Lovely back.

"Let go have some fun miss Pierce." I said in a joking manner then we began to skate over to the rink. Once we were on the rink floor skating they began playing Lovely's song Lou Easta and all I could do was smile. This was my life now whether I liked it or not.